Thanks...

Tom W

Just wanted to thank those involved for getting the site up and running. I have learned a great amount from Bill, as I am sure others have.

Looking forward to the new site going forward...

Hope to see everyone at the Triple Crown.

Tom Wilkinson

Friend Tom W

Just wanted to thank those involved for getting the site up and running. I have learned a great amount from Bill, as I am sure others have.

Looking forward to the new site going forward...

Hope to see everyone at the Triple Crown.

Tom Wilkinson

Friend Tom W:

I've always dreamed of a place where "serious" folks like me, and you and so many others, can discuss how to make these waxed, lead bullet rimfires more accurate.

I now have such a place. We now have such a place.

There are a whole bunch of folks, like us, who want to go on this ride...........

They, us, have a place now................

Man, we've got so much to discuss and so much work to do.

I am so cited.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Bill:

I totally agree with Tom Wilkinson and am glad you are back promoting knowledge about Rimfire Accuracy. I suspect you may have browsed some of the other rimfire forums after the shut-down of WWA. My personal assessment is that the whole rimfire competitive community missed you. Forum post volumes were greatly reduced during your absence. Why? -- It is really simple, your posts provide key topic of discussion through-out the community.

Ken

Bill...

Glad that this site is back up and running... And glad to be able to come to a site and learn something instead of constant bickering... And thanks to all who helped me get registered.. I really appreciate it..

Dave.

Friend Dave S

Bill...

Glad that this site is back up and running... And glad to be able to come to a site and learn something instead of constant bickering... And thanks to all who helped me get registered.. I really appreciate it..

Dave.

Friend Dave S:

We go back a long way...........who's that top 20 finisher at the 1992 BR-50 Nationals, shooting that 40-X?

BR-50Nationals1992.jpg

Here's ole BC watching the proceedings....
Cnv0014-1.jpg

Dave, what excitement there was in the air at that National..........

Things were fresh and new, RFBR was just getting its legs under it.........and even at that there were 65, or more, shooters in attendance...

It's kinda funny........I'm just as cited today as I was back then.......

And I believe this new place for serious folks to share their love of advancing rimfire accuracy is going to be very well received.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS: A note here............Selby Wright was shooting a 52C that I had blueprinted and installed a 37 Remington barrel on...( one of the very rare 37 ratchet rifled barrels...............yes, ratchet, although it had to be accidentally done by Remington....they had a misshaped cutter.........37 barrels were cut.........as were 52 Winchester barrels)

The runner up, Frank Martin, was shooting a 52 that I had blueprinted and installed a 52 D barrel on which I had taper lapped.......although Frank's rifle is listed as a 52/37 like Selby's.......bc

OH, and the number 9 finisher, Steve Hamilton..........here's a picture of Steve when he pitched for the White Sox, but, Steve was a true CYankee in that he pitched for the New York Yankees for several years.......

Cnv0030-1.jpg

Last edited:
Friend Duck Hawk

Friend Duck Hawk:

That be him OK...........

Steve was a tall, lanky, old Kentucky Hillbilly who's parents moved to Southern Indiana when he was just a kid, to Charlestown, Indiana about 20 miles from me. ( sounds like someone else I know)

Anyway, he was probably a better basketball player than a baseball player, but he loved baseball........

And yes, it must be bred into them Kentucky Hillbillys cause they will do stuff that no one else would have the nerve to do.........and right in front of the whole world...........

I've got two stories I'm going to tell, when I have time to type them up, about Steve.

One was when he was pitching coach for the Detroit Tigers and the other is about him and a cleaning rod left in his centerfire benchrest rifle barrel, in his basement........( you'll need ear plugs to read this story)

Thanks for posting the YouTube.............( I knew about his flutter ball, but had never seen it...........yes, Steve Hamilton would do something like that)

Your buddy, BC

PS, and yes, he was a CYankee's, CYankee...........................................

...........who's that top 20 finisher at the 1992 BR-50 Nationals, shooting that 40-X?

BR-50Nationals1992.jpg

If you would post the bottom 20 finishers at the 1992 BR-50 Nationals, you would see my name there. Brand new game, new challenges, didn't know anything. I was a silhouette shooter, then got hooked into this contest. Sure learned a lot, even applied some of that learning to the steel game.

Glad to be here on the new site.

Friend, Dean

Old friends

I see these lists and I always am reminded of the friends I have in this sport and those we have lost.

I saw Gene Adkins name and I am reminded of the Suhls he used to shoot. I miss that guy. I will never forget Jerry Luck talking about going to TX with Gene in the backseat Norm Diederich in the front, let's just say it wasn't dull!
I miss going to Ray and Donna Brown's range, Crosswinds, it was a tough crowd. Glen Townley will never put his rifle away. He loves this sport like no other.
These memories are the best part of the sport.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom