tuning methods and accuracy expectations

Hi all,
I am due soon to get a new to me RFBR rifle, so the task of finding ammo and tuning the thing will be my next priority. I was wondering what procedure you good people use to tune your barrels and what level of accuracy you deem good enough to compete with.

Thank you for your time

mitchellchandler_au

Hi all,
I am due soon to get a new to me RFBR rifle, so the task of finding ammo and tuning the thing will be my next priority. I was wondering what procedure you good people use to tune your barrels and what level of accuracy you deem good enough to compete with.

Thank you for your time

Friend mitchellchandler_au:

This is not an answer to the question you asked, but, before you purchase a RFBR gun, new or used, shoot it thoroughly.

If it does not shoot, chances are very slim that there is anything you can do to make it shoot.

A competitive RFBR gun requires very little maintenance..............other than proper bore cleaning and checking bedding screw torque from time to time, etc, unless it is glued in..................

When you shoot your prospective purchase, if it shoots, it will shoot until the barrel wears out............no additional "tuning" is required.

You will have to test ammo from time to time, that is part of the game...........and the only area that you stand a chance of improving the accuracy of your gun.

I'm going to repeat this once again, because it is the most important advice I can give anyone contemplating the purchase of a used, or new, RFBR gun:

Never buy a RFBR gun that you do not thoroughly shoot enough to determine what it's actually capable of.

You can not "tune" a bad RFBR gun.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Back
Top Bottom