Headed to the range to shoot this Dan Muller corrugated 8......again

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Headed to the range to shoot this Dan Muller corrugated 8......again

CYA friends:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......getting old.....literally...

Anyway, I cut the extractor slots, bored the HH/MD, and made up, and fit, a drilling jig to put the third hole in the front receiver ring of this triple lug, 10-X action................

But, I'm going to use the drill jig to mount my scope back on the front receiver ring, to test tonight...........the first time I shot it, I had the scope mounted on the rear receiver ring, ( you can see it in the movie on another thread) which has an .860" hole spacing mount..............the front hole spacing is .750"......

Anyway, I may make a movie..............

I'm still going to shoot it in my triple lug, 10-X, slave stock.............not the customers stock....

Here's why:

I always test in my slave stocks, simply because I'm trying to prove my metal........if I used the customer's stock, and something wasn't right, is the problem with the bedding of the customer's stock, or, is it a problem with my metal?

Now, once I prove my metal, then I will test it in the customer's stock and bedding..........

What I always hope for is this: That the metal works better in the customer's stock than in my slave......

When I prove my metal in one of my slave stocks, and then the customer's stock winds up bettering it.........."It's lights out".......

Now, one last thing:

I really don't need to test this evening............cough cough..........

I mean, I already know it's a killer..........so why go to all the trouble of testing again?........cough cough....

I mean, I'm just wasting ammo...................cough cough...........

You know what CYA friends?

I'm just as cited right this minute, about heading down to the range and shooting, as I was when I built, and tested, my first RFBR gun over a quarter century ago...........

I love it...........LORD help me, but, I simply love it............

Your friend, Bill Calfee

CYA friends:

CYA friends:]

Well, I just came from the range testing this Dan Muller, 8 groove, PAS ignitioned, triple lug build..........

I did do a movie..............but, I won't post it.............

Cause I messed up..............

Anyway, Livonia is only 5 days away now..............man I'm cited..........
Your friend, Bill Calfee

Movie way too long, again........

CYA friends:]

Well, I just came from the range testing this Dan Muller, 8 groove, PAS ignitioned, triple lug build..........

I did do a movie..............but, I won't post it.............

Cause I messed up..............

Anyway, Livonia is only 5 days away now..............man I'm cited..........
Your friend, Bill Calfee

Movie way too long, again........

CYA friends:

I did take a movie, through the scope..........and it was only 6 min and 58 sec long, but it would not up-load...

I'm going to have to start taking an alarm clock with me and set it for 5 minutes, and when the alarm goes off, I'll have to stop the movie.

I love doing "through the scope" movies..........they're by far the coolest.

You know, years ago, when I started doing these real time, shooting movies I was kinda hoping that some of the other schmidts would take some time and do some too..........

But, it is kinda time consuming..........and it's tough to do since the main requirement is of course, killer accurate guns to work with.

What I'm most proud of is that I've posted 99%, or close to it, of all the movies I'm made over the years...........

Watching killer guns turn tiny little groups, live in real time, is cool...........especially "through the scope".

I've got three or four "killer" movies that I'd love to post, but, they simply are too long...........

I have to start using an alarm clock.........

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Back
Top Bottom