Fred's equipment, Rooster

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Fred's equipment, Rooster

CYA friends:

I'll be officially congratulating Fred Sears on his major Livonia PSL win tomorrow.

But first, everyone is always interested in the equipment the winner uses at these National Class, RFBR Championships, like the PSL.

ROOSTER:

E Turbo action

Baity 6 ignition

Shilen Octagon barrel, approx .900 x 24

Pippin, straight line walnut stock and bedding

Standard HH muzzle device...........( Rooster uses no ornaments, either hanging off the muzzle or wrapped around the barrel)

I don't believe the Jewell trigger in Rooster has been changed.

Eley

For folks interested in what scope is used, I apologize as I'm not sure which scope Rooster uses at the moment....I want to say March, but that may not be correct.

There's one thing for sure: With Fred's awesome shooting ability, "ROOSTER" has become an iconic figure in the world of big time RFBR along side the likes of the "Duke Of Earl".

Everyone throughout the world of big time RFBR knows "ROOSTER".

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Rooster%202_2.jpg

SWEET!

Congrats to Fred, of course.....real fine shooting, buddy.

Bill, I believe you're correct on the 'March' scope. At least that's what Fred had on her in the last PSL event.

Big congrats to the big time RFBR schmidt, too! That is one very sweet rifle, Bill!

Friend Lee McFarland

Congrats to Fred, of course.....real fine shooting, buddy.

Bill, I believe you're correct on the 'March' scope. At least that's what Fred had on her in the last PSL event.

Big congrats to the big time RFBR schmidt, too! That is one very sweet rifle, Bill!

Friend Lee McFarland:

Thank you for the info.........

I still think about him all the time, even after 20 years.............

Your friend, BC

DSC06233.jpg

Friend Bill...

Friend Bill...

Thanks for posting that pic with you and 'Mac' together, at the Indianapolis range!

That has always been one of my fondest photos. I have just a couple of things I'd like to say about Mac and the awesome RFBR guns (too many to name)... that you built for him back in the "BR-50 days".

But rather than take away from this thread.... I'll start a new one here shortly.

THANKS AGAIN!

Your Friend, Lee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom