David "RIDGE RUNNER" Cook

Dave Cook

When a member of the body is lost, the whole body suffers........a loss for our whole community.
My sympathies and prayers to his family.

Jeff Patterson

David Cook

We have lost a top competitor, a great friend, an ambassador to our sport, and just a perfect example of how we all should prioritize our lives and treat others. David spoke often of his family and his employees (his extended family) with a sparkle in his eyes & warmth in his heart.

We will always remember him as the gentleman he was. He never said a bad word about anybody, was always first to help anyone needing his help, always took time to visit with his friends, and would beat you like a drum at a match while rooting for you to win as well.

David Cook was a Gentlemen's Gentleman. We will miss him very much. Our thoughts & prayers go out to his family.

Mike & Mary Sherrill

David a true friend

Mike you said it perfectly,I personally know what he went thru,your words made me shed a tear for David,rip my friend

David Cook

David Cook

CYA friends:

When I heard about David the first thing I wanted to do was to post something here on CYA.

But, I just wasn't ready to let him go.........

I thought of every comforting word in my limited vocabulary, but could find none that would do David, or his family, justice.

So I simply listed his name, including his CYankee moniker, which is how I came to know David in the first place.

David will always be the "Ridge Runner".

Then something very special happened.

Big Dog typed out a simple sentence and a half, that says more beautifully who David Cook was, than all the words I might gather up if I searched for a year.

"We will always remember him as the gentleman he was. He never said a bad word about anybody,"

When a human being lays down to sleep for the last time, what better legacy could any of us ask for.

After they made David Cook, they broke the mold.

BC

When I first started shooting beyond the local level, David was one of the first competitors that I met. His friendship and willingness to share his experience was most impressive to a newcomer and Mike definitely described the David that I knew. His untimely departure from the range will leave a huge void. My prayers go out to his family, close friends and employees.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom