The Art of Rimfire Accuracy, book reviews

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
The Art of Rimfire Accuracy, book reviews

Art1.jpg

CYA friends:

I enjoy reading the reviews of my book, "The Art of Rimfire Accuracy"....

Here's a link where some of the reviews are posted........both here and in the UK. (both AMAZON...)

Anyway, it's kinda interesting............

My book is like my work in building RFBR guns.............I love the negative comments much more than the positive ones....

Back when I was writing for Precision Shooting Magazine, for about 7 years, Dave Brennan, the PS Editor once told me this:

"Bill, in a competitive arena, the measure of your success, is not how many followers you have, it's the number of detractors you have".

And this is so true.

Therefore, I love to read reviews of my book from folks who find it unsatisfactory...............I love it.........I simply do....

Do I enjoy compliments about my book.........yes of course...but I cherish the negative reviews so much more..

Your friend, Bill Calfee

THE LINKS
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Rimfire-Accuracy-Bill-Calfee/product-reviews/145679776X
http://www.amazon.com/The-Rimfire-Accuracy-Bill-Calfee/dp/145679776X

Last edited:
Good Day Bill,

The good, the bad and the ugly. I can see all the reviews, and I get them. It makes me think of one thing -

James 4:10-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Do Not Judge a Brother
11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

Do Not Boast About Tomorrow
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

I will write a little review for you here: Life is a journey that has but one end. At that time, we all pull up a plot of dirt and there we shall stay. Your book is about a journey, and a real one at that! It is not about how to get somewhere, but it is about going there. People want directions; they want answers. The problem is that answers only bring more questions; and a destination only brings another journey. I enjoyed the ride Bill; the good, the bad and the ugly of it. And yes, I do get it: for those that don't, they are welcome to step off the bus at any time...

Back when I was writing for Precision Shooting Magazine, for about 7 years, Dave Brennan, the PS Editor once told me this:

"Bill, in a competitive arena, the measure of your success, is not how many followers you have, it's the number of detractors you have".

And this is so true.

This reminds me of the kid on the school yard who gets mad and takes his bat and ball and heads home. I don't have the answers for you Bill, as a matter of fact, I may never have an answer for you. I do have questions, and I got a lot of them; but just getting answers doesn't stop the journey nor would it really help me if I looked to others for the answers. Those who wrote negative reviews said, "Bill didn't give me all the answers; all I have is more questions then before I read his Bloody book!" They missed all that was in your book.

About 8 months back I was made an Elder at church. Last night I was made the Chairmen of the Elders. Bill, I could say I don't have a clue as to what I am doing, and no truer words could I speak. I spent 8 years in the Corps as a trooper. Twice, I had people with the clout to contact the upper reaches of the Corps and say cut orders for Chuck and get him here ASAP; the second time I was cut from under the Gentleman who did it the first time. I asked him if I could turn the orders down? He said yes, and I would like you to do so. I asked him what he would do, and he said he would pack his bags. How do you process that conversation as a young man? At the time I couldn't; dumbfounded, all I could do is pick the orders up off his desk and thank him for his time.

As I'm sure you will recall, I really like the movie "Patton, with Gorge C. Scott. You did that beautiful drawing of the final scene; a Renaissance Man! I am sure you recall the first scene; "The Speech;" it ends with these words: You know how I feel. I'll be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all! Sometimes I feel cursed; I know I am blessed and it is just the Devil saying you are a nobody sinner; who do you think you are in God's eye? know how I feel. I'll be proud to lead you wonderful guys in battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.You know how I feel. I'll be proud to lead you wonderful guys in battle anytime, anywhere. That's all. how I feel. I'll be proud to lead you wonderful guys in battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

It is all about the journey Bill, and that is what I liked about your book.

On to the next Caper,
CarolinaChuck

Back
Top Bottom