He's back.......

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
He's back.......

CYA friends:

He's back................

Three 2400's......

Blew the field away by over 300 points.....

Oh Fred..........catch that guard screw before it falls out......you've got to keep them bedding screws tight.

Fred, you can't blow the field away twice in the same day with the bedding screws falling out......tighten them every once in a while.

CYA friends, oh this is going to be interesting............

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

You know, for the longest time I've advised all of the SAP ignition RFBR action makers to run the 10 round case head penetration tests against a well blueprinted MD-PAS action.

Because if they did, they would never build another SAP ignition RFBR action.

But, I'm going to modify my advise to all of the SAP ignition RFBR action makers throughout the world:

Before you compare your SAP ignition to MD-PAS ignition, first compare it to the Falcon SAP ignition.

When the day comes when your SAP ignition is as uniform as the Falcon SAP ignition, then step up to a comparison to MD-PAS ignition.

Falcon SAP ignition is the most uniform SAP rimfire ignition in the world, it's not even close.

He's back..............

DSC05062.jpg

DSC09613.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not Bill, that's the first time I noticed that GENERAL LEE is a RBLP action. -Lee

Oh, and congrats to Fred on such fine shootin'.... Lee

Last edited:
Friend LM

Believe it or not Bill, that's the first time I noticed that GENERAL LEE is a RBLP action. -Lee

Oh, and congrats to Fred on such fine shootin'.... Lee

Friend LM:

Fred shoots right handed, but Rooster was a right port action, so he got very comfortable using it.

Fred called a couple days ago.

He said he's getting comfortable using General Lee's left port........

Robert Oates had removed the original Jewell trigger in General Lee and installed a B&A.

Fred said it's the lightest pull trigger he's ever used, but, it probably needs a sear adjustment as Fred said if he slams the bolt it will let the firing pin down every once in a while, which is nerve racking when trying to shoot.

Fred said since it's not his rifle he didn't want to mess with the trigger without consulting Robert.

Anyway, at the two club tournaments Saturday in Arkansas Fred killed it the first tournament....

When he went to shoot the second tournament General Lee started wallering.

And Fred simply could not make it stop.

After the match Fred, being concerned of course, started checking things and found one of the bedding screws about to fall out.

Possibly when the trigger was changed the screw didn't get torqued properly....???

Anyway, it was fortunate Fred got through the first tournament before the issue developed.

Friend LM, Rooster will always be Fred's favorite.....

But, I think General Lee is starting to grow on him....

It's going to be fascinating to watch down the road, after Fred has time to "bond" with General Lee like he was with Rooster.

And gets the trigger straightened out and makes sure the bedding is secure.

And gets some of that killer ammo a lot of folks were shooting.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

I believe the General is starting to grow on Fred.

DSC05062.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom