Pistol memories....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Pistol memories....

CYA friends:

I've wanted a MD-PAS triple since March, 26th of 2014........

And now I learn that the gentleman who is building that MD-PAS triple, for the masses, is also smitten with RFBR pistols, and is prepared to start building them.

I mean, just when I finally get the thing I've wanted, I find I'm about ready to get the thing I've "really" wanted:

A MD-PAS pistol................

With me it seems like it's either feast or famine..........although in this case I'll take both.

CYA friends, you just have to experience shoot a quality RFBR pistol at some point in your shooting career.

I guarantee you, that a big percent of you folks, once you get to play with a quality pistol, will put your rifles in the safe, and start pistol shooting.

I'm not talking about pistol shooting just for the novelty of it, no sir, I'm talking about pistol shooting to win Big National events!

I've got to get some sleep.....

But how can I possibly sleep thinking about getting a MD-PAS pistol?

Man, I've got so many pistol memories.

Like this one:

1993 BR-50 Nationals at Tomball, Texas, just outside of Houston.

Me on the left.

Pierre Holzacker in the middle, and Jim Williams on the right.

Pierre, from France, came to the Br-50 Nationals and shot a pistol I had just completed for him.

Now get this, this was the first RFBR match he had ever shot.....

And he finished, with a pistol, in the top 20........about 68 competitors if memory serves me.

I ran third behind Glen Townley and KC Young....

Which was me shooting way over my head.

Man what sweet memories shooting a pistol.

And I've got a feeling, if the world don't end, that a whole bunch of you folks will soon start having those same sweet memories, pistol shooting.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

These pistols are not just a novelty.

They are as bad, or badder, than any RFBR guns on earth.

Ole BC, Pierre and Jim Williams, left to right.

Tomball Texas, 1993'

TomballTX931.jpg

You know what:

I'll make a deal.

At Livonia next year, I'll let Shannon Hollen shoot my 40-X pistol, if Big Dog will shoot his #12, and the other folks who have pistols will shoot theirs.....

Cliff Arnold may have one, John Prince may have one, of course Mary Stark has one, and Jerry Halcomb has a couple.

Wouldn't that be awesome.

(By the way Shannon, my 40-X pistol has extractor slots, so you don't have to worry about having just cut your fingernails.)

Last edited:
A canvas AR-15 bag.

A canvas AR-15 bag.

CYA friends:

You've heard me mention that I carried everything needed to shoot a pistol in a canvas AR-15 bag...

That's what I'm holding in this picture from the BR-50 Nationals back in 93'.

Not only will these pistols run with the best RFBR guns in the world, you can carry the whole works in a canvas AR-15 bag.

No lugging those one piece rests and stuff around.

These are most certainly citing times.

Your friend, BC

The whole works are in the canvas AR-15 bag I'm holding...pistol, scope, sand bag, bench top carpets, bi-pod and ammo.

TomballTX931.jpg

The gentleman in the middle, Pierre Holzacker, was a retired air line pilot for Air France, and of course spoke fluent English.

He made the trip from France to shoot his new pistol....

To show the ease of shooting a pistol, Pierre, who had never shot a BR-50 match, nor for sure a pistol, finished in the top 20.

And man he was an eater.....he loved biscuits and gravy, cause he said he couldn't get them in France.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom