• Do whatever it takes to produce a center grip pistol

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Poll...........

CYA friends:

I love shooting these pistols......they are all I ever shot my entire shooting career.

But, just because I love shooting them doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

But, we now have one of the premier RFBR action makers willing to produce RFBR pistols.

A reality check:

It would be so much simpler to produce pistols in rear grip configuration.

No trigger linkage, they use standard triggers, and, chances are very little modification would need to be done to the existing V-3 action, or V-1 if one chose that model.

And, given folks incorporating their ideas into the rear grip version, they may wind up being as competitive as the center grip pistols, maybe better, who knows.

So I'm conducting a poll.

The question is this, basically:

Do we make the job easier by concentrating on designing a rear grip pistol.

Or, do we do whatever is necessary to design a center grip model.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

By the way, anyone may vote on this poll and your vote will not be made public.

Last edited:
I apologize...

I apologize...

CYA friends:

I thought anyone, member or non-member, could vote on this poll.

But it looks like only CYA members can vote.

I'll call Wally and ask him if this poll can be opened up for non-members too.

Your friend, BC

Friend Bill

I think that before you decide on center or rear grip you should make a rear grip pistol using the new V3 action or even a 10X. I know how thorough you are in your testing and I don't doubt for a nanosecond that you achieved the best performance with the center grip stock on your XP conversions. I have thought long on why that was true and believe that it has to do with the rear of the action floating on the XP. I know that from experimenting with "The Creation" with its barrel block setup that dampening the free floating action caused big changes in group size and not for the better. Perhaps a rear grip on the XP exerts pressure in a similar manner. The rear of the V3 or 10X does not float and a complicated trigger mechanism may not be necessary and may even be superior.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Bill Burdette

Friend WLB

Friend Bill

I think that before you decide on center or rear grip you should make a rear grip pistol using the new V3 action or even a 10X. I know how thorough you are in your testing and I don't doubt for a nanosecond that you achieved the best performance with the center grip stock on your XP conversions. I have thought long on why that was true and believe that it has to do with the rear of the action floating on the XP. I know that from experimenting with "The Creation" with its barrel block setup that dampening the free floating action caused big changes in group size and not for the better. Perhaps a rear grip on the XP exerts pressure in a similar manner. The rear of the V3 or 10X does not float and a complicated trigger mechanism may not be necessary and may even be superior.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Bill Burdette

Friend WLB:

We may find out one day, if this second pistol revolution comes about, that a rear grip pistol is more accurate.

Bill, it would be the absolute silliest thing in the world to go to all of the hassle of producing center grip pistols, if there were any doubt about that design producing the best accuracy of any configuration that a pistol could be shot in.

It would be so much easier to build rear grip pistols.

If this 2nd pistol revolution comes about, I suspect someone will try the rear grip configuration, maybe a bunch of somebodies will try it.

Your friend, BC

PS:

Bill, the difficulty of producing a new MD-PAS center grip pistol will be so great, that there's a good chance it will never be accomplished.

There's no doubt that Anthony DiOrio can do the action itself, but the trigger linkage and stocks to accommodate the action are going to be a nightmare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom