Notes to myself.....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Notes to myself.....

CYA friends:

I'm going to post some "notes to myself", and to Anthony DiOrio.

This first note is the overall length of the factory XP-100 action.

DSC09961%20-%20Copy.jpg

More notes shortly...

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

CYA friends:

This thing is coming.................................

And when it does the world of big time RFBR is going to change.........

Because this thing has a "wow factor" like no RFBR gun on Earth today.

DSC09798%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

Last edited:
More notes to myself

More notes to myself

DSC09966%20-%20Copy.jpg

DSC09962%20-%20Copy.jpg

DSC09961%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

PS:

CYA friends, after studying what I think the changes to the current V-3 action need to be, to turn it into the V-3 XP action, I will post them probably tomorrow.

These are the dimensional changes to the physical action only........absolutely no changes to the new V-3 otherwise.

One other thing......the final decision on all of this is Anthony DoOrio's.......

Last edited:
Why don't I use my new V-3 action for my MD-PAS triple pistol?

Why don't I use my new V-3 action for my MD-PAS triple pistol?

CYA friends:

I would use my new V-3 action in a heartbeat, but, the spacer I will need to make the V-3 the same length as the XP action, would also have to be the front bedding bearing surface in my factory XP stock, besides a place for attaching the recoil lug.

The early 10-X, X-III action I'm going to use is long enough in the front so the spacer I have to make is only needed to attach the recoil lug to.

I've already got the new front bedding screw hole in my 10-X action.....

You can see, in this picture, the factory rear bedding hole in the XP action.

If you look straight across to the 10-X action, you can see that the trigger hanger is in the way of using the factory rear XP hole in the 10-X action.

( The spacer I have to make for this 10-X action will be .185" thick, but on my V-3 action the spacer would have to be .285" thick, and would have to double as the front bedding point in my XP stock, so would have to be very rigidly mounted, in some fashion?)

DSC09966%20-%20Copy.jpg

Therefore, the rear bedding screw hole in the tang of the 10-X action must be used, by pillar bedding it in the XP stock, which I've already done.

The same will go for the new V-3 XP action.

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
Bill,

Attached are a couple of 3D Model renderings of the Turbo V3 XP Receiver Body and a drawing showing dimensional changes made to the original V3 specifications. The recoil lug will be the same thickness as the original XP but will be fastened to the face of the receiver via two modified #4-40 Torx flat head screws. The screws will keep the alignment of the lug relative to the centerline of the trigger cutout so we don't have any issues when attaching the trigger linkage. The recoil lug will be counterbored to maintain the 1.000" barrel tenon length like the other Turbo models. Additionally, I've relocated the thumb notch, loading port and feed ramp mounting hole to keep them in the same location relative to the barrel face as the other Turbo models. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards, Anthony

Attachments

• 022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly v2 home.jpg
    022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly v2 home.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 528
  • 022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly v2 back.jpg
    022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly v2 back.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 432
  • 022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly Drawing v1.jpg
    022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly Drawing v1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 678
Friend Anthony DiOrio

Bill,

Attached are a couple of 3D Model renderings of the Turbo V3 XP Receiver Body and a drawing showing dimensional changes made to the original V3 specifications. The recoil lug will be the same thickness as the original XP but will be fastened to the face of the receiver via two modified #4-40 Torx flat head screws. The screws will keep the alignment of the lug relative to the centerline of the trigger cutout so we don't have any issues when attaching the trigger linkage. The recoil lug will be counterbored to maintain the 1.000" barrel tenon length like the other Turbo models. Additionally, I've relocated the thumb notch, loading port and feed ramp mounting hole to keep them in the same location relative to the barrel face as the other Turbo models. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD:

I've opened the pictures for you here.....

After we talked today I got to thinking.

The possibilities for this new action are endless.

For instance:

There's no law that says this action couldn't be used in a rifle application too.

I always like the bedding possibilities of the Falcon action since it was longer by .250", although I did not like the 1.250" barrel tenon that went with that nice long bedding.

This new V-3 XP will be .300" longer than the standard V-3........

Another thing:

I don't know if IHMSA (Pistol Silhouette) is still a viable shooting discipline any longer, but if it is, and if they still have an unlimited class, man what a Silhouette pistol this new V-3 XP would make, especially since it can be used in center grip configuration.

Lastly:

During the first Pistol Revolution I had to do things the hard way with my XP's....

Aligning the recoil lug was an "art" itself........when installing the barrels......

I did pin a few recoil lugs, but since I did most of the barrel changing I just put up with getting the recoil lug aligned.....

After you do enough of them, one learns about how much to off-set the recoil lug so when the proper torque is applied to the barrel the lug comes into alignment...

But having the recoil lug bolted in place is so nice.......

And having the recoil lug recessed for the barrel shoulder, keeping the traditional 1.000" Turbo barrel tenon length, with the full length of threads, is clever.

And should one wish to use this new X-3 XP action for a rifle application without the recoil lug, the .950" tenon length won't hurt a thing....

The possibilities are endless for this thing.

Your friend, BC

022019%20Turbo%20V3%20XP%20Receiver%20Assembly%20v2%20home.jpg

022019%20Turbo%20V3%20XP%20Receiver%20Assembly%20v2%20back.jpg

022019%20Turbo%20V3%20XP%20Receiver%20Assembly%20Drawing%20v1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom