Been pondering.....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Been pondering.....

CYA gun fool friends:

This old gun fool has been pondering.

What's the chance that the first time out of the box, a competitor using the DiOrio crescent firing pin would kick out an extremely rare, IR-50 250 X 25X card?

Think about that for a moment.

And this was done in front of the entire World, at a Big National Event, and scored by the official sanctioning body.

But as outstanding as this amazing accomplishment was, the circumstances under which it was accomplished are even more amazing.

I'm getting ready to head to the range...

50 degrees, but windy right now, but it's supposed to lay later one this evening.

I'm going to take my new MD-PAS pistol, along with both firing pins, my original chisel pin and the DiOrio crescent, along with the tools to change them, and run another apples to apples test.

This time I'm going to shoot some of the best ammo I have......which this Broughton 4-groove likes.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

This DiOrio crescent is so efficient, that Bruce Hornstein was able to kick out a 250 x 25X card, even though his early V-1 Turbo was only marginally driving it, to the point of him having a failure to fire during his amazing target.

When Bruce Hornstein fired his last round on that amazing card, the world of rimfire accuracy advancement took another step forward.

DSC00749%20-%20Copy_1.jpg

This deal is for real....

This deal is for real....

CYA friends:

My new MD-PAS pistol is the perfect platform to test the DiOrio crescent.

Because I can switch back and forth between it and my old chisel pin.

This deal is for real.

By the way, it was a lot colder than the actual temp..........

This pistol is bad.......

It's bad with either pin....

But the difference is obvious.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

This deal is for real.

DSC00761.jpg

Back
Top Bottom