The Calfee chamber

Bill,

I'm curious. Have you licensed specific chambers for a certain barrel/rifle maker? I read on another forum where if a chamber was not .600" deep it was not a Calfee chamber. The person talking about said that he had tried the #1 Calfee chamber but had settled on the #4 Calfee chamber. Apparently there are seven or eight variations.

Now if you have done this, that your business and good for you, but if not, someone may owe you some money. One thing was fairly obvious and that was there were several rimfire shooters who had purchased rifles with "Calfee" chambers most preferring the #4 Calfee chamber. What's special about that one?

Friend Gingersanp

Bill,

I'm curious. Have you licensed specific chambers for a certain barrel/rifle maker? I read on another forum where if a chamber was not .600" deep it was not a Calfee chamber. The person talking about said that he had tried the #1 Calfee chamber but had settled on the #4 Calfee chamber. Apparently there are seven or eight variations.

Now if you have done this, that your business and good for you, but if not, someone may owe you some money. One thing was fairly obvious and that was there were several rimfire shooters who had purchased rifles with "Calfee" chambers most preferring the #4 Calfee chamber. What's special about that one?

Friend Gingersnap:

There's only one reamer grinder who produces true "Calfee" spec reamers....

That's Dave Manson, Manson Reamers...

Gingersnap, with the bore/groove diameters standardized like they are today, there's only one Calfee reamer that should be used...

My straight sided, .2250" diameter reamer with 2 degree leade angle, which does not cut for the rim, which allows the schmidt to vary leade engraving to suite the rifling pattern of the barrel being chambered.

My name has been attached to more non-Calfee reamer designs than anyone else in history.

Only Dave Manson produces true "Calfee spec" reamers...

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Well these people think they're getting Calfee chambers on Tikka (I believe) rifles and also on barrels, according to them, sold by Brownell's. I'm not sure but I almost believe they think you're doing the work.

Back
Top Bottom