Friend Tony "TDX" Harper

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Tony "TDX" Harper

Friend Tony "TDX" Harper:

Per your phone inquiry last evening.

The adjustments are made in full revolutions only.

Which means that's way too coarse for precision timing of components.

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

TDX, if the world ever gets back to half way normal, you've just got to try one of the Muller Modified 4-MI barrels, if Dan still makes such an animal, that is.

In my opinion, it is the barrel that will move rimfire accuracy forward, as far as the barrel part of the contraption is concerned....bc

Friend Tony "TDX" Harper

Friend Tony "TDX" Harper:

Per your phone inquiry last evening.

The adjustments are made in full revolutions only.

Which means that's way too coarse for precision timing of components.

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

TDX, if the world ever gets back to half way normal, you've just got to try one of the Muller Modified 4-MI barrels, if Dan still makes such an animal, that is.

In my opinion, it is the barrel that will move rimfire accuracy forward, as far as the barrel part of the contraption is concerned....bc

Bill,

Thank you for confirming what I thought.

Sounded like a good idea but it would be blind luck if those coarse adjustments worked out to be in just the right spot.

It could happen but how often? Back to the drawing board. Guess we will just have to stay with the slide action we have now.

Thanks for looking at it.

I've got a couple of new Muller barrels now and I'm dying to put them to use. If those modified 4-MIs become available I'll be trying one.

TKH

Friend TDX

Bill,

Thank you for confirming what I thought.

Sounded like a good idea but it would be blind luck if those coarse adjustments worked out to be in just the right spot.

It could happen but how often? Back to the drawing board. Guess we will just have to stay with the slide action we have now.

Thanks for looking at it.

I've got a couple of new Muller barrels now and I'm dying to put them to use. If those modified 4-MIs become available I'll be trying one.

TKH

Friend TDX:

Your comment in bold orange:

You're right, it would be blind luck if all of the components were properly timed....

TDX, in today's rimfire accuracy world we can't leave something as critical as component timing to blind luck......

And yes, you must try one of the Muller Modified 4-MI's, if they're still being produced, that is.

Cause the most accurate RFBR contraption on Earth uses one....

index - Copy.jpg

Your pistol fool friend, BC

I hope........

I hope........

A message for the ole Cheshire Cat:

I hope you're in Georgia, come next March, for the 2021 ARA Indoor Nationals.

index - Copy.jpg

Cause if there's anyone who can beat those MD-PAS Shilen ratchet contraptions, it's you and your Muller Modified 4-MI MD-PAS contraption.....

Your pistol fool friend BC

Back
Top Bottom