Who is the Cheshire Cat?

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Who is the Cheshire Cat?

CYA accuracy fool friends;

Who is the Cheshire Cat?

The absolute baddest RFBR contraption on Earth, by actual measurement, belongs to the ole Cheshire Cat.

By actual measurement, I mean, how about 40 plus rounds at 50 meters in the sub 10 MM range...

At this point every serious RFBR competitor on Earth would like to know the details of the ole Cheshire Cat's contraption.

Action.......highly blueprinted DiOrio V-3 Turbo....

Ignition......DiOrio Crescent firing pin driven by the old Cheshire Cat's own spring......

"Gosh I hope I haven't given the ole Cat's identity away."

Now the barrel:

The ole Cheshire Cat's contraption's barrel is a Muller Modified 4-MI....

I know this, because I taper lapped this killer Muller myself.......

And......................

Chambered and fit it.....

Now....................

My dream is, to see the ole Cheshire Cat compete at the upcoming ARA Indoor Nationals at the Chickenfoot range in Georgia....

Come next March........

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

index - Copy.jpg

DiOrio perfect crescent firing pin.....

DiOrio perfect crescent firing pin.....

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Since I put this thread up about the ole Cheshire Cat, and since I mentioned the old Cat is driving his DiOrio crescent with one his own spring, I've had questions.........

First of all, the DiOrio crescent is the firing pin design of the future of rimfire accuracy advancement...

It's not even close....

But.......................

The proper spring, along with the proper firing pin fall, must be used......

Ebert Turbos, and early V-1 DiOrio Turbos will have a difficult time driving this crescent pin....

Even though it is a hassle, the 10-X Turbo clones can be made to drive the crescent pin....

My 10-X based MD-PAS pistol uses the crescent pin.......

And it's simply killing it......

And I don't ever expect to change the spring.....

DSC00114.jpg

Therefore.........................in my opinion...

I would not try to use this magnificent DiOrio Perfect Crescent firing pin in either an early Turbo, or, an early V-1 DiOrio Turbo......

In my opinion, this magnificent firing pin design should only be used in the late DiOrio V-1 and V-3 actions..

And.....

In 10-X actions if folks are willing to do some fairly serious modifications, like I've done to my new MD-PAS pistol...

I hope the old Cheshire Cat can make it to Chickenfoot next March.....

index - Copy.jpg

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom