Stopping the Lapua tidal wave

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Stopping the Lapua tidal wave

CYA accuracy fool friends:

I've always bled Eley red.....

But today Lapua blue competitors kick out the overwhelming majority of the Big National RFBR Event AGGS, and Big Cards.

Who can stop this Lapua Tidal Wave?

ONLY ELEY.............maybe.....?

But will they even try?

Your hopeful, Eley loyalist fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

What is the realistic chance of Eley doing what is necessary to stop this Lapua Tidal Wave?

Hi Bill it's been a while...

I can sort of answer this i think ?

1. At the last World Champs the Champion shot Eley

2. Eley has just this year made some big executive changes at the top and also in marketing and production etc so i would say yes they can and yes they plan to.

P.S. The Croc is still in the family and my God Son shoots it extremely well ;)

In the world there are people who know how to make ultimate 22 LR ammo.But there arent people who can move ALL those details needed to mass producing thisway that details are in control all the time.

And there are also few safety & environmental rules coming also against when talking mass producing.

Thats why I am waiting that "home loading" is coming also to RFBR game.Same as it is on CFBR game.

Can you buy better CF ammo from shop than you can make self?

Ammo loading by shooter self is VERY BIG part of CFBR game.

Fastest way to this direction is that big brands Lapua,Eley,RWS etc are beginning to sell ready primed cases and bullets.Sell components same like they are selling those to CFBR shooters.

Lapuas 22 LR ammo quality goes down for awhile when they leave Finland.Now gone little further but % of "killer lots" is much more less still than it was when they produce 22 LR ammo here.

BR,

Timo, fool 22 LR garage ammo engineer.

Friend Bill Collaros

2. Eley has just this year made some big executive changes at the top and also in marketing and production etc so i would say yes they can and yes they plan to.

Friend Bill Collaros:

What year was that?

I'm glad the Croc is doing well...

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Friend gun fool Timo

In the world there are people who know how to make ultimate 22 LR ammo.But there arent people who can move ALL those details needed to mass producing thisway that details are in control all the time.

And there are also few safety & environmental rules coming also against when talking mass producing.

Thats why I am waiting that "home loading" is coming also to RFBR game.Same as it is on CFBR game.

Can you buy better CF ammo from shop than you can make self?

Ammo loading by shooter self is VERY BIG part of CFBR game.

Fastest way to this direction is that big brands Lapua,Eley,RWS etc are beginning to sell ready primed cases and bullets.Sell components same like they are selling those to CFBR shooters.

Lapuas 22 LR ammo quality goes down for awhile when they leave Finland.Now gone little further but % of "killer lots" is much more less still than it was when they produce 22 LR ammo here.

BR,

Timo, fool 22 LR garage ammo engineer.

Friend gun fool Timo:

The future of rimfire ammunition advancement may well be hand loading....

But until that time comes, hopefully it will, Lapua shooters are kicking out the overwhelming majority of the Big National RFBR Event AGGS, and Big Cards....

And if Eley doesn't get its act together that isn't going to change, maybe for years into the future.

Competition of "shooters souls" between Eley & Lapua is good one.

They cant now totally feel "stomage full" and stop product developing.

As we know in history there has been different "22 LR ammo kings" .Also Eley&Lapua has change places on the top.

I am not sure is it good one if Lapua & Eley are someday same company????

-->Hopely both company and people there has enough professional pride and think: "We like to be best 22 LR ammo maker in the World".

BR,

Timo, 22 LR garage ammo fool engineer. Who is now little too old to send CW to Lapua or Eley-:).

I apologize friend Bill C, but, what year was it?

Friend Bill Colloras:

I apologize friend Bill C, but, what year was that Eley won?

Thank you in advance....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

G'Day Bill

Friend Bill Collaros:

What year was that?

I'm glad the Croc is doing well...

In answer to your question last WRABF World Champs were August 2019 in South Africa, also please see below an example of a 2020 PSL Match Equipment list so i guess i am asking where are your claims coming from with all respect of course ?
http://www.proshootingleague.com/re...ies/mullerworks-showdown-2020/equipment-list/

In answer to your question last WRABF World Champs were August 2019 in South Africa, also please see below an example of a 2020 PSL Match Equipment list so i guess i am asking where are your claims coming from with all respect of course ?
http://www.proshootingleague.com/re...ies/mullerworks-showdown-2020/equipment-list/

Friend Bill C:

Thank you....

The Eley win was in 2019.....

Friend Bill C, 2019 is light years away from what's going on in Big Time RFBR today....

Eley is simply not competitive in Big Time RFBR today.....I'm sorry...

Ok

Friend Bill C:

Thank you....

The Eley win was in 2019.....

Friend Bill C, 2019 is light years away from what's going on in Big Time RFBR today....

Eley is simply not competitive in Big Time RFBR today.....I'm sorry...

\

Ok let us revisit this again after the 1st psl or another major comp anywhere in the world or at the end of 2021, hope i am correct and u can bleed red eley again my friend :) Davd Barton is the big boss now, so watch this space

Friend Bill C

\

Ok let us revisit this again after the 1st psl or another major comp anywhere in the world or at the end of 2021, hope i am correct and u can bleed red eley again my friend :) Davd Barton is the big boss now, so watch this space

Friend Bill C:

I hope you're correct, too......

That ain't Lapua ammo sitting on that bench with me and my pistol....

And that ain't no Lapua hat I've got on my head.....

the art of rimfire accuracy.jpg

Speaking of pistols: (which I love to do)

Friend Bill C, if you ever sat down behind this thing, just for five minutes, you'd throw those rifles away....

DSC00107 (2).jpg

And so would everyone else who spent five minutes behind one....

They are the most unique, and fun to shoot, RFBR guns on the planet...

We must have these pistols available for the masses......the sooner the better...

Your friend, BC

Pistols

Amen to that Mr. C. , the sooner the better...yesterday was to late, but even so tomorrow would be great!

Friend pistol fool Bn1

Amen to that Mr. C. , the sooner the better...yesterday was to late, but even so tomorrow would be great!

Friend pistol fool Bn1:

I like your poetry......especially, "yesterday was to late"........clever......but very accurate.

You know, I picked the perfect picture for the cover of my book......and the perfect title...

the art of rimfire accuracy.jpg

Producing rimfire accuracy is ART.......

Things like slugging a blank before you cut and chamber it......is ART

One could use a bore scope and air gauge, for a week, on a new blank and couldn't tell anything about it, as to where to cut and chamber it...

By the way, Dan Muller is a tremendous artist, especially with oil and brush on canvas.

That's why his barrels are so outstanding....he's an artist.

Yes, the picture on the cover of my book is me.......I've been a pistol fool since contemporary RFBR started....30 years now.......

Someway we must see that these things are available for the masses.

DSC00107 (2).jpg

You're right Bn1, "yesterday was too late".

We have done now near 8 years work to get Lapua 22 LR ammo better bushing them with MANY ideas. We dont know what all details they can take to "mass producing" and they are their business secrets and we dont need to know.
Part of ideas has shooted down with reasons they are NOT possible to use in mass production.

About one idea "going threw" I am sure because we can see it from ammo now and this one has made little better mouse trap.

This gives hope to all Don Quijotes that you have possibilities to windmills....This is hobby to us without any economical waitings.

BR, Timo

Ps.But when we are talking about ULTIMATE 22 LR ammo I am pretty sure it cant NEVER produced with mass producing technique.

Ps2.As long as product developing chief speak Finnish lanquage we have little more hope-:).

Attachments

• Don Quijote.jpg
    Don Quijote.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:
Friend gun fool Timo

We have done now near 8 years work to get Lapua 22 LR ammo better bushing them with MANY ideas. We dont know what all details they can take to "mass producing" and they are their business secrets and we dont need to know.
Part of ideas has shooted down with reasons they are NOT possible to use in mass production.

About one idea "going threw" I am sure because we can see it from ammo now and this one has made little better mouse trap.

This gives hope to all Don Quijotes that you have possibilities to windmills....This is hobby to us without any economical waitings.

BR, Timo

Ps.But when we are talking about ULTIMATE 22 LR ammo I am pretty sure it cant NEVER produced with mass producing technique.

Ps2.As long as product developing chief speak Finnish lanquage we have little more hope-:).

Friend gun fool Timo:

Your comment in bold orange:

It's a hobby with me today, too......I don't do this for financial benefit any longer...

I do it because I love seeing how accurate we can make the 22 Long Rifle cartridge

But......................

Hand loading rimfire ammo isn't the answer, either....

And you know exactly why, just as I do...................

Friend gun fool Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

The main reason that hand loading rimfire ammo isn't the answer to ultimate rimfire accuracy, is this:

The primer, and its influence in the total combustion process in rimfire compared to centerfire.

What is the approx ratio?

Rimfire maybe 40/60, primer to powder influence in the total combustion process...maybe 35/65 at best.

Centerfire, maybe 5/95 primer to powder influence in the total combustion process...

No, hand loading rimfire ammo is not the answer......

PS:

Friend Timo:

I wish you could sit down behind this thing for five minutes.......

DSC00107 (2).jpg

22 LR ammo priming at home is work that not many people are going to make this.Take too much time.

First step to hand loading should be that different 22 LR ammo makers beginning to sell 22 LR primed cases to all like we can buy now primers to CF cartridges now.
And make different "priming forces" available that you can play priming force/ powder force 20/80 and 25/75 and 30/70 and so on.

Maybe bullets also available from 22 LR ammo makers but they are not too difficult to make at home.Like CF BR bullets now.

Priming mass change its force little depending on what moisture contents you storage those.

You can change little this priming force if keeping those 20/30/40/50/60 % moisture content (air).

Selecting primed cases by weight has not make results better .

Shooted LOT only with priming mass from VERY short barrel to chrono and also to long barrel without wax and measured how long bullet goes to barrel.

Powder and 22 LR reloading dies & case holders are available now to all.

There are many things then you can make better at home than in mass producing.

BR, Timo ,22 LR ammo loading fool.

Friend rimfire hand loading fool Timo

22 LR ammo priming at home is work that not many people are going to make this.Take too much time.

First step to hand loading should be that different 22 LR ammo makers beginning to sell 22 LR primed cases to all like we can buy now primers to CF cartridges now.
And make different "priming forces" available that you can play priming force/ powder force 20/80 and 25/75 and 30/70 and so on.

Maybe bullets also available from 22 LR ammo makers but they are not too difficult to make at home.Like CF BR bullets now.

Priming mass change its force little depending on what moisture contents you storage those.

You can change little this priming force if keeping those 20/30/40/50/60 % moisture content (air).

Selecting primed cases by weight has not make results better .

Shooted LOT only with priming mass from VERY short barrel to chrono and also to long barrel without wax and measured how long bullet goes to barrel.

Powder and 22 LR reloading dies & case holders are available now to all.

There are many things then you can make better at home than in mass producing.

BR, Timo ,22 LR ammo loading fool.

Friend rimfire hand loading fool Timo:

In bold orange:

Yes, if that could happen, hand loading rimfire ammo might get real interesting...

Back
Top Bottom