PDA

View Full Version : A most clever idea.....

Bill Calfee
02-10-2021, 09:53 PM
A most clever idea.....

CYA accuracy fool friends:

I love thinkers, and doers....

A CYankee sent me the link to a video that includes a piece of equipment that is simply clever...

This video is not in English.......

What this clever piece of equipment is, is a storage holder for the breech bolt of your rifle, which as you insert it into this holder de-cocks it.....

And then when you remove your breech bolt from this holder it re-cocks your breech bolt for you...

This is most clever.........

Move to time 24:00 and watch....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLe-8ZLQfBk

This storage holder for your breech bolt is most clever.......

It's kinda like the cleverness that REMBRANDT demonstrated with his Turbo breech bolt disassembly tool...

I love thinkers and doers...

Your pistol foo friend, Bill Calfee

Trazor
02-10-2021, 10:36 PM
Anschutz and Walther have produced these for their rifles, for a few years now, in Europe.

Bill Calfee
02-11-2021, 02:01 PM
Anschutz and Walther have produced these for their rifles, for a few years now, in Europe.

Friend Trazor:

Thank you...

That is a clever idea, having the storage container de-cock the breech bolt when it's inserted into the container, then re-cocking it as it's withdrawn for use...

I like it......actually, I like the ingenuity someone put into it even more....

I like thinkers.....particularly thinkers who are also doers, like REMBRANDT and his clever Turbo disassembly tool..

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Tony K Harper
02-11-2021, 03:15 PM
A most clever idea.....

I love thinkers, and doers....

A CYankee sent me the link to a video that includes a piece of equipment that is simply clever...

This video is not in English.......

What this clever piece of equipment is, is a storage holder for the breech bolt of your rifle, which as you insert it into this holder de-cocks it.....

And then when you remove your breech bolt from this holder it re-cocks your breech bolt for you...

This is most clever.........

Move to time 24:00 and watch....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLe-8ZLQfBk

This storage holder for your breech bolt is most clever.......

It's kinda like the cleverness that REMBRANDT demonstrated with his Turbo breech bolt disassembly tool...

I love thinkers and doers...

Your pistol foo friend, Bill Calfee

Bill,

That is a cool tool. I don't think these are available for purchase in this country. I'm sure there would be a demand.

But as cool as this tool is that is not the coolest part of that video.

First, that handsome guy curating the video is Pedro Serralheiro. Pedro (PedroS) is an often contributor to this forum as well as other U.S. shooting forums.

He is also the 2018 World RFBR Champion. Quite an accomplishment.

If you look close at the video you will see that rifle sitting in the rest is in fact "Tack Driver".

Yes, that's right. That rifle brings back many great memories for me. I'm sure for you too.

Winning the ARA Nationals, PSL tournaments, and many, many ARA, IR 50/50, and RBA tournaments.

TKH

Trazor
02-11-2021, 04:32 PM
Hear is a picture of an Anschutz bolt protector on the right, and a Walther KK500 on the left.

The Walther bolt can be used as a LH or RH bolt, without any modification

Bill Calfee
02-11-2021, 10:43 PM
Bill,

That is a cool tool. I don't think these are available for purchase in this country. I'm sure there would be a demand.

But as cool as this tool is that is not the coolest part of that video.

First, that handsome guy curating the video is Pedro Serralheiro. Pedro (PedroS) is an often contributor to this forum as well as other U.S. shooting forums.

He is also the 2018 World RFBR Champion. Quite an accomplishment.

If you look close at the video you will see that rifle sitting in the rest is in fact "Tack Driver".

Yes, that's right. That rifle brings back many great memories for me. I'm sure for you too.

Winning the ARA Nationals, PSL tournaments, and many, many ARA, IR 50/50, and RBA tournaments.

TKH

Friend TKH:

After your comments above, about the rifle in this video being the original "TACK DRIVER".....

With which you won numerous Big National RFBR events....

I decided to watch the entire video....

Tony, I watched the video until I saw the "ornament" hanging off the muzzle....

And then I turned it off................

Tony, when you won all those Big National RFBR events with TACK DRIVER, there were no ornaments hanging off the muzzle or wrapped around the barrel....

When I saw that ornament hanging off the muzzle of one of the most iconic RFBR rifles in the history of RFBR, I turned the video off.

Bill Calfee
02-12-2021, 10:15 PM

Friend TKH:

After your comments above, about the rifle in this video being the original "TACK DRIVER".....

With which you won numerous Big National RFBR events....

I decided to watch the entire video....

Tony, I watched the video until I saw the "ornament" hanging off the muzzle....

And then I turned it off................

Tony, when you won all those Big National RFBR events with TACK DRIVER, there were no ornaments hanging off the muzzle or wrapped around the barrel....

When I saw that ornament hanging off the muzzle of one of the most iconic RFBR rifles in the history of RFBR, I turned the video off.

CYA deals with "serious" rimfire accuracy advancement only.

CYA does not deal with "ornaments" or things like ridiculous "tuning" theories......

Like the ridiculous compensation theory nonsense...

PS:

It's hard for me to believe that someone actually hung an "ornament" off the muzzle of one of the most Iconic RFBR rifles in history....

Tony "Tack Driver" Harper winning the 2010 ARA Nationals..

There were no "ornaments" hanging off the barrel of Tack Driver...