Mission statement

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Mission statement

CYA accuracy fool friends:

It's wintertime, big!

Terribly cold, snow on the ground and more on the way.

We need to get through these next seven days........

So we've got time to ponder things.

And hopefully the furnace will keep working...

Mission statement:

CYankee Accuracy has but one goal...

To advance "serious" rimfire accuracy.

Therefore........

CYA does not do ornaments, or ridiculous "tuning" theories, or spend time trying to figure a way of making SAP ignition as consistent as MD-PAS ignition....which is impossible.....

It blows my mind that we still have SAP ignition RFBR action makers here in 2021....

CYankee Accuracy is dedicated to the "serious" advancement of rimfire accuracy, only.

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Above all else, this is my one remaining goal.....

To see these become available for the masses....

DSC00114.jpg

Just discussed on our Sniper forum about ignitions of CF rifles.And also what CF rifles have PAS ignition.

Few game up.

Sako TRG and Bix & Andys actions (Elysee) and few others.

BR, Timo

PAS B&A.jpg

Friend gun fool Timo

Just discussed on our Sniper forum about ignitions of CF rifles.And also what CF rifles have PAS ignition.

Few game up.

Sako TRG and Bix & Andys actions (Elysee) and few others.

BR, Timo

View attachment 3025

Friend gun fool Timo:

Thank you.......

If you have time would you find out more about the action in your picture...

I see it's a triple lug, 120 degree lug spacing using six locking lugs.....but the 120 degree lug spacing is the similarity to the DiOrio V-3....

I notice it has roller bearings on the cocking teats......and uses both 12 and 6 o'clock cocking teats...which is proper as the entire breech bolt rotates unlike the V-3 where only the locking lug collar rotates, therefore, only needs the 6 o'clock cocking teat....

It also has some sort of buffer, light blue, between the firing pin and ID of bolt body......again because the entire breech bolt rotates...unlike the V-3

And yes it is PAS ignition, although I'm not sure how momentum dependent it is.......would be interesting to know the weight of the firing pin......the V-3 is two ounces..

I like it.....

Friend Timo, this MD-PAS verses SAP ignition thing is THE reason the overwhelming majority of the big aggs and big targets are produced with MD-PAS ignition contraptions...

Instead of fooling with SAP ignition, it isn't going to catch up to MD-PAS in consistency, why don't the SAP RFBR action makers concentrate on producing their own version of MD-PAS ignition?

Then we would all be pulling together to advance rimfire accuracy.

I can't imagine starting a new build today with a SAP ignition RFBR action.....not if I'm serious about winning Big National RFBR Events and producing big aggs and multiple big targets.

Thank you again, your pistol fool friend, BC

Yes.They are little tiny ball bearings. Try to get same friction between pin and bolt body from shot to shot.

As we know pin send first vibration to our guns and changing force/vibration between shots is not good one.

Little better mouse trap I think.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Yes.They are little tiny ball bearings. Try to get same friction between pin and bolt body from shot to shot.

As we know pin send first vibration to our guns and changing force/vibration between shots is not good one.

Little better mouse trap I think

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

First of all, it's wonderful that someone makes PAS ignition centerfire actions...

But.............

In all honesty, the blue material, with the tiny ball bearings, is really a lot to do about nothing, pretty much...

Timo, if there's clearance between the tiny ball bearings and the ID of the breech bolt body, which there has to be or you couldn't insert the firing pin into the breech bolt......

As the firing pin moves forward, the only tiny ball bearings that touch the ID of the breech bolt body, do so at 12 o'clock only.....

And using a modified FF trigger as an example, the upward pressure of those tiny ball bearings against the ID of the breech bolt body, only at 12 o'clock, is only 8 to 12 ounces.....

So 90% of those tiny ball bearing do absolute nothing....

In other words, that blue material is a lot to do about almost nothing, as far as reducing binding or friction...

The benefit is so small that it'd take a million dollars worth of sophisticated lab equipment to measure it....

This is why it would be a complete waste of time to incorporate it into the DiOrio V-3...

PAS B&A.jpg

Again, it's fabulous that we have a PAS ignition centerfire action......well done...

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom