The most important RFBR match in history..

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
The most important RFBR match in history..

CYA accuracy fool friends:

The upcoming ARA Indoor Nationals is the most important Big National Event in the history of our sport...

For two reasons:

First, this National Event deals with the greatest level of "pure rimfire accuracy" in the history of contemporary RFBR.

The second reason is the showcasing of the disparity in the ignition uniformity of the actions we use.

The more uniform the ignition, the more accurate the contraption......

All other components making up a RFBR contraption are common to one another...

The only difference being the action.

The two, 6 card matches held in Georgia this past week-end were an indicator of the state of RFBR actions today.

The top five finishers in both matches used MD-PAS ignition actions, Turbos.

And the winner of the first match tied the existing ARA Indoor World Record...

The winner of the second match bettered the existing ARA Indoor world Record.

This complete dominance by the Turbo actions is due to the Turbo's superior ignition uniformity....

You know, in a way this shouldn't be a surprise....

Because the Turbo MD-PAS ignition RFBR action has produced the overwhelming majority of the Big AGGS and Multiple Big Targets, at the Big National Events, these past 23 years..........

And in all this time, 23 years, look at the number of SAP ignition RFBR actions that have been brought to market...

What?.........12 or 13 different SAP actions.....

And they've all failed to produce the numbers that the Turbo does...

This is why I can't imagine starting a new build today with a SAP action.....

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

If the world don't end, I'll be shooting my MD-PAS pistol a little later this afternoon....

I've put the 36 Weaver on it.....with a correct length scope base that spreads the rings properly..

I'll take a picture at the range....

DSC00107 (2).jpg

I'm headed to the range, even with all this wind....

I'm not going to waste any good ammo, no, I'm going because I've not shot my new MD-PAS pistol in ages...

And I've got the 4 groove Douglas, that I taper lapped, on it now.........this is the barrel Travis Beasley did for me a few years back....

DSC00107 (2).jpg

Anyway.......

You know, there's been more than a dozen custom SAP ignition RFBR actions introduced since the Turbo came out....about 23 years ago....

And 90 percent of them, at least, use 40-X ignition.......

So I wonder.......

How long will it take the custom SAP action makers to figure out, that if you keep using 40-X ignition, you ain't going to get nothing but 40-X accuracy.....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

This is why I'd be absolutely foolish to start a new contraption with any version of SAP ignition...

And it would be irresponsible of me to recommend that anyone else use a SAP action....particularly newbies....

Back
Top Bottom