I wonder where this 2500X action is today...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I wonder where this 2500X action is today...

CYA accuracy fool friends:

I wonder where this 2500X action is today...?

Serial # ULT9105

Back in October of 2013, had a different decision been made by the owner of this action, today the Trident and 2500X actions would be MD-PAS ignition.

2500X action Serial #ULT9105 could have changed the landscape of RFBR accuracy today for the owners of SAP ignition Trident and 2500X actions........and we wouldn't be going through this mess...

But it was not to be, I suppose.......so we're in this mess...

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Serial # ULT9105

Serial # ULT9105

It would be interesting to know what happened to 2500X Serial # ULT9105.

This action was in my shop back in 2013....................

8 years ago........

There's a long story as to why I had it, about which I have pictures and a movie....

I will say this.....

If I would have known that 8 years into the future, the owners of Trident and 2500X actions would be praying for a MD-PAS ignition option.................

Before Serial # ULT9105 left my shop, someway, somehow it would have been converted to MD-PAS ignition...

Because if I had converted it, today all Trident and 2500X actions would be MD-PAS ignition....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Serial # ULT9105

Serial # ULT9105

Serial # ULT9105 2500X action is a piece of "what could have been" rimfire accuracy advancement history.

It's a shame I'm not clairvoyant, cause if I were back in 2013, and knew then what the future held, I would have converted Serial # ULT9105 to MD-PAS ignition....

Let's do some design engineering, and thinking, OK...

For any of you CYA folks who are creative thinkers......which a bunch of you are...

Here's a picture of the tang area of Serial # ULT9105 2500X action taken in 2013.

2500X-3 - Copy.jpg

OK, here's the issue that first needs to be addressed to convert this 2500X to MD-PAS ignition:

How, where, do we get resistance for cocking when we go to the MD-PAS firing pin?

Study this picture closely......

You see, if Holeshot Arms provided a MD-PAS ignition option for their Trident and 2500X actions, they would have to overcome this same problem....

By the way, there is a simple solution for Holeshot Arms....

Anyway, study this picture....

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

I really don't have time to fool with this....but..

I really don't have time to fool with this....but..

I really don't have time to fool with this....but..there's so much traffic about Trident and 2500X owners wanting a MD-PAS ignition version that I've got to continue fooling with it....

Serial # ULT9105

2500X-3 - Copy.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try to take a picture of a Turbo tang to show you the difference...

A method for resistance for cocking must be established before a MD-PAS version of the Trident and 2500X can become a reality......which 100% of Trident and 2500X owners want...

Where is 2500X Serial # ULT9105?

Whomever owns this 2500X from 8 years ago owns a piece of RFBR history...

If I would have converted it to MD-PAS ignition 8 years ago, the current owners of Trident and 2500X actions wouldn't be holding their collective breaths for a MD-PAS ignition version, today...

Back
Top Bottom