Friend VLNBYR

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend VLNBYR

Friend VLNBYR:

John, until I talked to Big Dog a couple days ago, I had no idea what VLNBYR, your screen name, stood for...

I understand you deal in violins........in some fashion....

So...............

I dug out an old doodle I did back in 2012 and added your screen name to it....

Stradivarius - Copy.jpg

By the way John, do you know the name of the classical masterpiece that uses only one string of the violin?

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Friend VLNBYR

Friend VLNBYR:

John, until I talked to Big Dog a couple days ago, I had no idea what VLNBYR, your screen name, stood for...

I understand you deal in violins........in some fashion....

So...............

I dug out an old doodle I did back in 2012 and added your screen name to it....

View attachment 3506

By the way John, do you know the name of the classical masterpiece that uses only one string of the violin?

Friend VLNBYR:

I finally figured out what the classical composition is that only uses one string of the violin...

It's by Johann Sebastian Bach......

I've loved that classical composition all my life but never knew it was played on only one string...

Amazing.......

Friend VLNBYR

Friend VLNBYR:

I was in the shop trying to build a one piece scope base for Little Black Knight when you called and left a message on my answering machine..

Sorry I missed your call...

I've loved that classical melody by J S Bach for most of my adult life.......but did not know it was played with only one string....

By the way, I love classical music, and always have it on the radio in my shop when I work....

Although I know absolutely nothing about it..........being from Southeast Kentucky a fiddle was for playing Bluegrass...

John, the only reason I continue with this web site is in hopes of having these pistols available for the masses someday...

DSC00107 - Copy.jpg

But.................

I have a secondary "pet" project:

My dream is to see someone shoot Little Black Knight at the ARA Indoor Nationals........with some of the "killer" ammo....

DSC01630 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

I'm trying to make a good, one piece scope base like the one in the above picture...

I believe this little gun just might surprise some folks........

Although, I fully understand it would be asking a lot of someone to forgo their own equipment just to shoot LBK at the Indoor Nationals...

So I can always dream........

Thanks again for the call..

Your friend, BC

I finally got my one piece base made for Little Black Knight...

I finally got my one piece base made for Little Black Knight...

CYA accuracy fool friends;

I finally got my one piece base made for Little Black Knight...this is the correct ring spacing for Calfee style scope mounting...

DSC01793.jpg

Now........................

I've got to get someone to shoot LBK at the ARA Indoor Nationals.......which ain't going to happen....I know....

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee..

PS:

Friend John "VLNBYR" Prince:

It has to be a good sign, because, as I was working on my one piece base for LBK the classical radio station played the piece from J S Bach.....

By the way, this piece from YouTube is played on the cello, not the violin, but the effect is the same...

Look at time 1:44 on....he's using only the G string............this blows my mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvglW3KNSsQ

Back
Top Bottom