Just came from the range.....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA accuracy fool friends:

J-PAT was there testing the Muller Modified 4-MI that he's completely rebuilt......

Completely blueprinted the 10-X triple lug action.....new firing pin tip, you name it, he blueprinted it....I got to look at his work...it is typical J-PAT caliber....

Luckily the barrel was 27 1/4"......he re-taper lapped it, then cut the old chamber and threads off, then threaded and fit it, then reamed and finished one of his precision chambers, which I also got to examine......

I've already discussed most of this on another thread................................

Anyway........

He also had the Georgia Shaker, so he ran a comparison between the two......the Shaker is double bad.....

But so is this Muller Modified 4-MI rebuild...........in my opinion the Muller Modified 4-MI is the barrel of the future, and Jeff feels the same way...

If the owners of these two Patterson builds will feed them, and can point them, they both can win any Big National RFBR Event on Earth...

Hey, one should never brag on a rimfire cause they'll let you down every time you do....

But these two Patterson's have National Championships written all over them.........it's now up to the owners...

I told Jeff, I said, "If Tony K Harper had these two builds, my goodness he'd be rough on the competition"......

DSC01872.jpg

CYA accuracy fool friends:

Keep something in mind here....OK......here's Jeff shooting the Modified 4-MI......he started a group, then re-loaded and pushed the rifle back to the fore end stop......then he and I talked for a couple minutes, then he reached up and pulled the trigger.....same hole..

Then he repeated this.......until he had fired 7 or 8 rounds in the group, RTB.......total time maybe 10 minutes....

The group was well under two tenths.....shot over a period of about 10 minutes....

Again, this is a brand spanking new bore, chamber and crown....Mother Nature hasn't had a chance to start Her work, yet...

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

Friend zs9528

Definitely ready to get my hands on that beautiful rifle.

Friend zs9528:

That Muller Modified 4-MI is amazing after J-PAT got done with it......in my opinion it's the RFBR barrel of the future of rimfire accuracy advancement.....and I've explained why several times on other threads...

J-PAT made you a beautiful, steel, extended length, classic teardrop shaped bolt handle.......

I wish I'd taken a good closeup.......so I enlarged the picture I did take....

DSC01872 - Copy.JPG

Being made out of steel gives it weight, and makes bolt closer so slick and solid feeling, compared to aluminum handles...

And the classic teardrop shape is so much more cosmetically pleasing than those handles that look like the flush handle for a bathroom toilet.

Like the one in this picture.....compared to the classic teardrop shape..

DSC05058 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Anyway.....

Friend zs9528, if you feed this Patterson properly, and can point it properly, you'll have the chance to win any Big National Indoor Event on the face of the Planet....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

I love what Jeff has done with the rifle. The thing I love about J-pat as a gun smith is he is so passionate about every little detail. He truly loves building these rifles and isn't going to leave any part of the rifle un checked before he's done. Couldn't ask for any better, and to think im lucky enough to have one more build scheduled to be done by Jeff. Can't wait to see how it turns out too.

Dad also told me jeff has our 10x build with him currently at indoor nationals. We was unfortunately not able to make it this year, but hopefully jeff gets an opportunity to see what that gorgeous rifle will really do! Thanks to both of you for all you do.

Back
Top Bottom