Scientific Positive Compensation test proves Stopped Muzzle?

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,
There is something amusing about the compensation theorist/experts.

In years past they were all too happy to say there is no "stopped muzzle" and that the positive compensation test that they claimed proved complete positive compensation was the end of the matter. If I recall correctly, there could be no further improvement, or something close to it, was one of the statements. I'll check that again when I can get time.

And yet, that same test equipment used on real Rimfire Benchrest rifles as they are shot in the real world proved the existence of the "stopped muzzle".

But amusingly enough, those compensation theorist/experts can not bring themselves to actually admit that the stopped muzzle was proven using the same scientific test setup on real rimfire Benchrest rifles as they are shot in the real world, as was used on the complete positive compensation test, with the same operator running the equipment.

Now, every now and then you'll see complete positive compensation theorist/experts say something that is beyond amusing. Here is an example:

In debate, that is called a self defeating argument.

With statements like that it becomes obvious that there are problems with complete positive compensation......

The barrel is tuned to about 67% positive compensation and about 33% negative compensation......... SIMULTANEOUSLY........but it's still called positive compensation.

Oh well, I'm glad the stopped muzzle was scientifically proven.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

There's the "serious" side of advancing rimfire accuracy, and then there's the, sad to say, "mickey mouse" side.

My buddy Geoffrey Kolbe wanted to discredit the way I describe how a MD functions, so bad, that he concocted his compensation nonsense.

And what was so amazing about his concoctions, were the targets he published claiming to demonstrate compensation.

All my buddy Geoffrey demonstrated, was that weight added to a muzzle will retard the rate of muzzle oscillations, which can reduce the degree of vertical stringing.....which is 5th grade elementary knowledge.

But Geoffrey did not demonstrate "compensation", not even close.

"Compensation", to be valid, must compensate for the vertical caused by the velocity variation of the ammo.

And no one on earth has "ever" demonstrated that........because it's impossible.

So there is no such "animal" as compensation........

A muzzle device, properly weighted and positioned, will stop the muzzle of a gun barrel, when fired.

But, even though the muzzle is stopped, we still have the vertical dispersion at the target caused by the velocity variation of our ammo.

So there is no "compensation" taking place.

Your friend, BC

PS:

Greg, with the thousands upon thousands of targets that have been fired over the years, if compensation were a reality, there should be at least one compensation target somewhere in the world......

But there's not a single compensated target on earth......not one.

Look at every world record target ever fired.......every single target demonstrates the vertical dispersion caused by the velocity variation of our ammo.

There's simply no such magic as "compensation".......bc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom