Advancing rimfire accuracy...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Advancing rimfire accuracy...

CYA friends:

It's cold....too cold to play with my spearment.....

Been thinking about this, possible, ARA project rifle.

I inserted the word "possible" into the above sentence for this reason:

If I build it, I'm going to need some unusual material.....

The material is available, but, circumstances may prevent it from being acquired.

See, if I'm allowed to do what I want, some apple carts most likely will be upset.

And what's fascinating about maybe upsetting some apple carts, is, the apple carts will be better off after they're upset.

But, sometimes apple carts don't like to be upset, even if they benefit from it....

If this ARA project rifle actually comes about, it will use an action with momentum depended PAS ignition.

It would be unthinkable to do otherwise.

And, it will be triple lug.....

The value of the triple lug hit home for me on March 26th, of 2014.

But there's a problem...

We don't have a proper, PAS ignitioned triple lug action available....without me having to build half the thing myself.

And I'm not real interested in going through all that's required to build one for this ARA project rifle.

And the shame of it all is, it don't have to be this way.....

We could have the PAS ignitioned triple we need to advance rimfire accuracy.....

I mean, it don't take no more effort to do it right, than do what's being done currently.

I had a gentleman come by Friday with a factory 10-X triple, the one with the small third lug.

To shoot this thing he had to apply pressure with his thumb on the back of the firing pin to get a round chambered...

The thing had absolutely no closing cam.......none.

The worst part is, the closes thing we currently have to a workable triple, to advance rimfire accuracy, is the 10-X version.

Man I wish I could get either Anthony DiOrio or 10-X to build a proper triple, for the advancement of rimfire accuracy.

I mean, Lord knows I've tired.....

So, someway we're going to have a decent PAS triple for the ARA project rifle, or, someone else will have to build it.

Now, I've come full circle here......

I'm going to submit a list of components to Dan Killough, and maybe we can upset an apple cart or two, and come up with the proper PAS triple I need for this ARA project rifle.

If Dan Killough can come up with this list of components, I guarantee I will produce the most unique ARA project rifle in history, including the first one, which I built...

And it's even greater than that, it will be the single most unique RFBR rifle on the planet...

But the absolute most important thing of all, if this thing comes about; we will advance rimfire accuracy.

Your friend, BC.......

PS:

The passing of Flash Ebert was a game changer in the advancement of rimfire accuracy.

If Flash were still with us, we would have the PAS triple we need.

Man I'm chompin' at the bit to play with my spearment some more....too cold...

Last edited:
I'm cited......

I'm cited......

CYA friends:

Man I'm cited....

I talked to Tom Wilkinson today, and he advised me that there's going to be a second ARA project rifle...

I'm so cited........

We may have a chance to see the difference between PAS and SAP ignition, with these two, possible, ARA project rifles...

We may have a very unique chance to see why momentum dependent PAS ignition dominates big time RFBR competition.

Because, if I can pull this off, there will be two Stiller Trident actioned, ARA project rifles, one with the Stiller 40-X SAP ignition, and one with Turbo momentum dependent PAS ignition...

Man I'm cited......

I mean, can you imagine Mr. Stiller, or one of his shooting friends, shooting his SAP ignitioned, Trident actioned ARA rifle, sitting beside maybe Chuck Morrell or Tony Harper, shooting my PAS ignitioned, Trident actioned ARA rifle, just them two in front of the entire world next year in St Louis......

Picture this:

Just those two ARA project rifles, sitting side by side, in St Louis.....

One card.........momentum dependent PAS ignition verses 40-X SAP ignition......

Friend Paul Tolvstad, you must have this on live feed for the world..............

Can you imagine........!

My gosh CYA friends, I'm cited....

Oh, and one other thing:

Do you realize what my PAS ignitioned, Stiller Trident actioned ARA rifle will be worth?

It boggles the mind to contemplate it...

Oh, oh, one other thing.......

I'm headed to the range to shoot my spearment.....it's 53 degrees.......

More later....bc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom