Waiting for the other shoe to drop....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Waiting for the other shoe to drop....

CYA friends:

How do you tell when your contraption is working?

How do you "really" tell when your contraption is working?

You "really" tell, when you're sitting behind your contraption and you're not waiting for the other shoe to drop every time you pull the trigger.

A few days ago I got to shoot a contraption, where the last thing on my mind was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I don't own the contraption, yes I did build it, but, that thing simply would not allow me to screw up a shot.

If I could have a wish granted for every RFBR shooter on Earth, it would be for them to be able to sit behind the contraption I shot, and kick out a few rounds.

CYA friends, when I test a contraption, I don't need to measure groups, or score targets to know if I've got anything, or not.

If I find I'm sitting there waiting for the other shoe to drop, I ain't got nothing, no matter what I try to make out of the scores, or group sizes.

If I find I'm sitting there, like I was a few days ago, and the last thing on my mind is wondering when the other shoe is going to drop, that contraption is working, and from that point on if I don't win, I need to get out my pocket mirror and look straight into it......which will show me exactly why I got beat.

OK, why am I telling this?

I've discussed with Jeff Patterson this "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling when a contraption isn't right, and the lack of that feeling when a contraption is right.

When Jeff was testing the new Patterson a couple days ago, and kicked out these 15 rounds with that black 4 machine, he told me, that after the first 5 or 6 rounds it never crossed his mind that he might see the other shoe drop.

He said, "Bill, I know exactly what you mean by waiting for the other shoe to drop".

He then said, "I knew that no matter how many rounds of that black 4 I shot, that other shoe was just not going to drop".

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I told Jeff about the contraption I shot a few days ago, where I had absolutely no feeling of the other shoe about to drop.

He said, "Yea, I know the contraption you're talking about, and as a matter of fact I tried to buy it, but it's not for sale at any price, and I offered a bunch".

20190506_193509_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom