My head is swimming I'm so cited....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA friends:

What a beautiful day in May here in Borden...

My new MD-PAS triple pistol is bad......

I shot it again......

CYA friends, if Anthony DiOrio can do the trigger, every RFBR shooter will be able to experience shooting one of these pistols..

They are the most unique RFBR guns on Earth.....

And they will run with anything on Earth.....

As a matter of fact, the majority of the RFBR rifles on Earth won't run with these pistols.

Your worn out friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I'm fixing me a salmon patty sammich, with red onion, then I'm hitting the sack....

This thing is bad.....and I ain't even post chamber lapped this Broughton 4-groove yet....

DSC00252%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.jpg

What makes a 75 year old man act like a 15 year old fool kid?

You're looking at it sitting on that bi-pod........there's nothing like these pistols....

Last edited:
Thinking about Merlin

Thinking about Merlin

CYA friends:

As I was shooting my new MD-PAS pistol yesterday, and how revolutionary it is, I got to thinking about SPEC 4, Merlin.

Merlin is such a special action.

It's of course MD-PAS ignitioned...

But, of all of the things that make one RFBR action stand out from all others, Merlin has it.

Man what a special E Turbo action.....Merlin

Your friend, BC

Man, Spec 4 is such a special RFBR action...

DSC02450%20-%20Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Got to shoot my new MD-PAS pistol again

Got to shoot my new MD-PAS pistol again

CYA friends:

Keep your fingers crossed that Anthony DiOrio can come through with the trigger we need to start the 2nd RFBR pistol revolution.

CYA friends, there's nothing like these pistols...

Your friend, BC

Thinking about Merlin..

Thinking about Merlin..

CYA friends:

Someone sent me a picture of Todd Wooten, and Merlin...

As I understand it, Todd just won the Stiller sponsored PSL at Kettlefoot, Thursday, with Merlin.

CYA friends, I believe in giving credit where credit is due....OK.

I highly doubt that the barrel on Merlin was chambered and fit by me.

Therefore, some other RFBR schmidt needs to be properly credited......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Friend Todd Wooten:

Congratulations on your 2019, Stiller sponsored, Kettlefoot PSL championship.

Todd%20Wooten%20PSL%202019%20Kettlefoot%20champ.jpg

I'm sorry, but I can't stay away from the range with this new MD-PAS pistol.

I'm sorry, but I can't stay away from the range with this new MD-PAS pistol.

CYA friends:

First of all, I hope you had a most solemn Memorial Day reflection about this most sacred of days for us folks here in the USA.

A bunch of folks gave all so I can live my life, how I wish, which includes acting like a fool shooting my MD-PAS pistol.

Those brave Americans who gave all, would love to have been able to live their dreams, too.

CYA friends, when this thing is over, and those brave Americans, who gave all, walk through the Pearly Gates of Heaven, the Almighty will probably ask me how my pistol shooting went, as He directs me to the "Down" elevator

I'm headed back to the range...........

There's nothing on Earth like these pistols.

Your friend, BC

There's nothing today in RFBR like these pistols....

Last edited:
Artistic creativity.....

Artistic creativity.....

CYA friends:

The most important Big National Class event at this year's triple crown, was of course, the Stiller sponsored PSL.

Artistic creativity.....

I got to looking at the MERLIN graphics on Todd Wooten's winning rifle.....

Whoever designed this MERLIN graphic, I applaud.......

This is the perfect presentation of the word "Merlin".

Congratulations to the RFBR schmidt who chambered and fit the barrel on MERLIN.

And congratulations to whoever designed the Merlin graphics. It is perfect.

And congratulations again Todd on your 2019, Stiller sponsored, Kettlefoot PSL Championship.

Your PSL win was the highlight of the entire triple crown week.

And, that gives you two PSL Championships with MERLIN.

Your friend, Bill Calfee.

The MERLIN graphic is absolutely perfect....
Todd%20Wooten%20PSL%202019%20Kettlefoot%20champ_1.jpg

Last edited:

CYA friends:

What a beautiful day in May here in Borden...

My new MD-PAS triple pistol is bad......

I shot it again......

CYA friends, if Anthony DiOrio can do the trigger, every RFBR shooter will be able to experience shooting one of these pistols..

They are the most unique RFBR guns on Earth.....

And they will run with anything on Earth.....

As a matter of fact, the majority of the RFBR rifles on Earth won't run with these pistols.

Your worn out friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I'm fixing me a salmon patty sammich, with red onion, then I'm hitting the sack....

This thing is bad.....and I ain't even post chamber lapped this Broughton 4-groove yet....

What makes a 75 year old man act like a 15 year old fool kid?

You're looking at it sitting on that bi-pod........there's nothing like these pistols....

Howdy Bill,
When shooting a RFBR pistol do you grip it, or do you rest your hand on that sandbag and only touch the trigger? On videos you have posted, shooting the video through the scope, I seem to recall that it gave the impression you held the pistol. I can't imagine shooting free recoil with one, but thought I'd ask.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,
When shooting a RFBR pistol do you grip it, or do you rest your hand on that sandbag and only touch the trigger? On videos you have posted, shooting the video through the scope, I seem to recall that it gave the impression you held the pistol. I can't imagine shooting free recoil with one, but thought I'd ask.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

To my regret, I never got to make a "through the scope" movie of me shooting a pistol.

Photobucket no longer does movies....

I've got 229 movies at Photobucket that will never be seen again.....

One of the best of those movies, by the way, was me shooting that little Muller mini ratchet.......man that little thing was hot.

Some folks, like Susanne Coburn, shoot their pistol pretty much free recoil........I believe Big Dog may too.

She held the sand bag with her left hand, and had a towel folded up to rest her trigger finger hand on.

She then touched the pistol with her trigger finger hand with nothing but her finger on the trigger.

I slung the pistol when I shot....

Which means I held it.....

I tried shooting my pistols free recoil, and holding them hard...

I couldn't tell any difference in accuracy either way.

Greg, here's my next pistol adventure:

I've got to see how my new MD-PAS triple pistol will do at 110 yards.

It blew my mind when "FAITH", Az_Speed's rifle, kicked out that .494" 10 shot group at the Lapua test facility, at 110 yards.

10 rounds in .494" at 110 yards in double mind blowing rimfire accuracy....no, it's triple mind blowing.

So I've got to see what my new pistol will do at 110 yards.

Your friend, BC

Too wet and too windy

Too wet and too windy

CYA friends:

The range was too wet, and, when attempting to shoot at 110 yards there can't be any wind.......and it was very windy this evening.

So I didn't have the opportunity to shoot my new MD-PAS triple pistol at 110 yards.

CYA friends, I was lying in bed thinking about that Muller mini-ratchet barrel....

That was one of the most amazing barrels I've ever worked with.

When Dan Muller sent me that barrel, that he called a mini wedge rifling pattern, and I first looked at it, I seriously thought he was joking.....

Dan Muller, like myself, loves to spearment......

I thought for sure Dan had finally went over the MI cliff with this barrel..........

CYA friends, when you get used to looking at Dan's 4-MI's for a while, then pick up a Shilen ratchet and look at it, the lands in the Shilen ratchet look like railroad tracks compared to the lands of the Muller 4-MI..

When you look at the lands in the Muller mini ratchet, then look at the lands in the Muller 4-MI, the 4-MI lands look like railroad tracks by comparison.

This is why I half figured Dan was joking, and that he surly had went over the MI cliff.....

I cleaned the bore of the mini ratchet then slugged and evaluated it, and it was awesome, I mean simply awesome...

The groove diameters were perfectly uniform, and the bore had that nice gradual taper from breech to muzzle.

Plus, the lands were crisp at the breech, no washing out at all.....a beautiful lapping job.

So I decided to go ahead and fit it, although still suspicious that it would actually turn the bullet properly.

I fit it to my MD-PAS triple lug action.....no post chamber lap.

Then I headed to the range and decided to do a "through the scope" movie of its first test.

CYA friends, that little mini ratchet blew my mind......

Not only did that little thing properly turn the bullets, they all went through the same hole.

Something else:

I remember using one of my slave MD's, which I rough set for a 9x24 barrel, for a starting place.

I never moved it again.......

CYA friends, when a barrel and contraption are right, setting the MD is a snap......

Anyway, I still plan on shooting my new MD-PAS pistol at 110 yards........

Do I expect to shoot any .494" 10 shot groups at 110 yards?

Not really.......

Not because I'm shooting a pistol, but because .494" 10 shot groups at 110 yards are scarce........

If any of you folks doubt this, set up a target at 110 yards and see how long it takes before you kick out a .494" 10 shot group.

Your friend, BC

Man I'm cited.....after going to the range today...

Man I'm cited.....after going to the range today...

CYA friends:

I went to the range this evening to shoot another 110 yard group with my new MD-PAS pistol, before my target gets wet....

But it was so windy....

I didn't have anything to measure groups with, so I took the stamp I use to put aiming circles on my targets.

So I walked out to the target at 110 yards...

I then stamped an aiming circle close to both groups, for reference....

CYA friends, this new MD-PAS triple pistol is the most fascination RFBR gun I've worked with during the past 30 years.

No, the 10 shot groups are not killer.

But, look at 9 of those 10 shots, compared to my stamped aiming bull......which is less in diameter that an ARA 100 bull...

And CYA friends, please keep something in mind:

There is no such thing as shooting "return to battery groups" with a pistol.

This new MD-PAS triple pistol is BAD..............................

Your friend, Bill Calfee

CYA friends, I stamped my aiming circle close to the two groups so you can get an approximate size of not only the entire 10 shot group, but of those other nine shots....

DSC00286%20-%20Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom