Livonia's next match...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Livonia's next match...

CYA friends:

I stopped competitive shooting over 10 years ago...

But I still love trying to advance rimfire accuracy.......more than competing, or anything else.

I may try to get someone to shoot my new MD-PAS pistol at Livonia's next match.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Livonia's next match...

CYA friends:

I stopped competitive shooting over 10 years ago...

But I still love trying to advance rimfire accuracy.......more than competing, or anything else.

I may try to get someone to shoot my new MD-PAS pistol at Livonia's next match.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Howdy Bill,
I don't think you will have any trouble getting someone to shoot that pistol!

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,
I don't think you will have any trouble getting someone to shoot that pistol!

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

I just came from the range......

Greg I agree, a lot of folks would love to shoot this pistol...

But, I want a "player" to shoot it.....

Your friend, BC

PS:

Greg, the sport of RFBR is ready for something new and fresh.

And this pistol represents that.

A lot of folks would love to shoot it; I'd love to shoot it, but that simply isn't going to happen.

This pistol is as serious as any RFBR rifle on Earth....

I want a "player" to shoot it for that reason.

Last edited:

Friend 404tbang:

I just came from the range......

Greg I agree, a lot of folks would love to shoot this pistol...

But, I want a "player" to shoot it.....

Your friend, BC

PS:

Greg, the sport of RFBR is ready for something new and fresh.

And this pistol represents that.

A lot of folks would love to shoot it; I'd love to shoot it, but that simply isn't going to happen.

This pistol is as serious as any RFBR rifle on Earth....

I want a "player" to shoot it for that reason.

Howdy Bill,
I don't think you will have any trouble getting a SERIOUS player to shoot that pistol!

Shucks, you might even end up with someone coming to the match for the express purpose of shooting that pistol. I'm looking forward to hearing about who turns up and how they do with it. After the match of course. That'd be a ton of pressure on someone...........but you have a lot of people who shoot your rifles and pistols who are accustomed to pressure.

I have enjoyed following along with the progression on this project!

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,and pistols who are accustomed to pressure.

I have enjoyed following along with the progression on this project!

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

Thank you.....

A bunch of folks are interested in these pistols, just like they were during the first pistol revolution.

Greg, the Broughotn 4-groove I have on my new MD-PAS pistol is not the barrel I intended when I started this project.

It happened to be threaded, chambered and fit, with no extractor slots, which made it easy for me to quickly fit it to my new pistol so I could shoot it without fitting a new barrel from scratch.

I had to profile it down to .800", which straightened this very crooked barrel up......the bore itself always seemed straight to me.

The barrel was used for a spearment years ago, which didn't turn out too well as the thing just shot so-so, so I couldn't determine if my spearment had potential, or not.

So when I turned it down I really didn't expect too much.......

And then something funny happened on the way to the Forum.

This so-so barrel actually shot!

And I've not even post chamber lapped it after distorting the bore from the re-profiling.

I want to see it all.............

Therefore, do I spend time casting a lap and post chamber lapping this Broughton?

Or, do I spend my time fitting a new barrel?

Your friend, BC

This is the most fun RFBR gun I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch over the years.

It truly is a dream come true.

DSC00202.jpg

Duck Hawk and the Earharts..

Duck Hawk and the Earharts..

CYA friends:

I was talking to Wally, and he told me that Duck Hawk, and the Earhart clan, did some outstanding work this past Saturday and Sunday at Livonia.

CYA is not a match results site....

But in this case, you ain't going to see these results on any of the other sites......cause it looks like TCA's dominated.....like they've done for the past 20 plus years...

Be as it may......

Congratulations to the Earhart folks and Duck Hawk....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Thanks Mr. Calfee. Tim shot good like he always does and Tad and Carrie did good to. Livonia is tough but I really like the place. Its really hard to find a condition to rely on and it dont stay around long. It was a little warm too.
Todd

Friend Todd E

Thanks Mr. Calfee. Tim shot good like he always does and Tad and Carrie did good to. Livonia is tough but I really like the place. Its really hard to find a condition to rely on and it dont stay around long. It was a little warm too.
Todd

Friend Todd E:

The Earhart clan has been doing some outstanding work recently....

You folks are starting to not only run with the "big dogs", but beating them...

Like at Livonia Sunday.......and running at the top on Saturday, too....

Your friend, BC

I've got to give Foster Arvin a call...

I've got to give Foster Arvin a call...

CYA friends:

I have only one goal left in advancing rimfire accuracy:

To hopefully see that the masses have access to this pistol....there's nothing in the world of RFBR like them.

DSC09798%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

Now, I've got to give a call for Foster Arvin.

I think everyone knows Foster is now a pistol shooter......

And he's starting to figure some things out, so as to become good at it.

The stock on his XP pistol had a little issue, which we corrected about a month ago....

And Foster just had a most excellent day with his pistol.

Actually, in a five card ARA match recently, after three he was neck-in-neck with the leader........11 shooters, I believe.

And he finished well, about a 2150 agg for a five card match....

And this with a XP pistol built 20 years ago.....

Wait, wait..........I have a vision swimming around in my head.........

It seems like I'm envisioning something to do with a Muller corrugated 8, and Foster's XP pistol......

Or something like that........( are you getting any vibes, Paul Tolvstad?)

Anyway, these new MD-PAS triple pistols are coming.........hopefully.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC09798%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

Last edited:
I think

Foster wants a Muller of some kind. I had something that would work, the right diameter, with a barrel nut. I think he should get what he thinks is best for him. There is no doubt that Muller has some fine barrels.
I prolly should quit giving them up especially when Bill slugs one and its one of the best ever! I cussed that day.
Jerry Halcomb

8 groove

I'm working on it. This 2 job thing is for the birds. Bill I know you understand when I say lapping barrels for a living is not alot of fun. That's why I do it part time not full time. When you take the time to do it right and not compromise quality people just don't understand what is all involved.

You know how many targets I have shot in 2019 ? I have shot 3 registered targets all year. I shot a indoor IR 50/50 Unlimited match at Chickenfoot in March, that's it.

Be careful when your hobby becomes your job, because it definitely stops being your hobby.

Friend PT

I'm working on it. This 2 job thing is for the birds. Bill I know you understand when I say lapping barrels for a living is not alot of fun. That's why I do it part time not full time. When you take the time to do it right and not compromise quality people just don't understand what is all involved.

You know how many targets I have shot in 2019 ? I have shot 3 registered targets all year. I shot a indoor IR 50/50 Unlimited match at Chickenfoot in March, that's it.

Be careful when your hobby becomes your job, because it definitely stops being your hobby.

Friend PT:

There's a lot of ways to make a living, but taper lapping rimfire barrels eight hours a day ain't one of them.......

In my opinion, the corrugated 8 is the barrel of the future........

I have yet to see one with a washed out breech.....

But I've seen ratchets, and 4-MI's, a lot of them, with the breech ends washed out.....

I saw a ratchet, recently, that was washed out so bad, that you could just barely see the driving side of the lands.....

But again, I've yet to see a corrugated 8 with a washed out breech end.

By the way........

A properly lapped ratchet, or 4-MI, are still two of the finest rifling patterns ever devised for producing rimfire accuracy.

PT, Foster is learning to shoot that pistol........

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom