More conformation

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
More conformation

CYA friends:

There's so much going on right now here at CYA, that we don't have enough separate forums to keep thread topics from being piled on top of one another.

Anyway, friend Deveng's 3/32" rod spearment, and amazing pictures, have confirmed not only the "stopped muzzle", but something I wrote in Precision Shooting Magazine back in 2005'.

When I developed the first muzzle device almost 30 years ago, I had no sophisticated testing equipment to check my progress with, as a matter of fact, I didn't have any unsophisticated testing equipment either.......I had no testing equipment, period.

So I had to check my progress, and my final results, by using the laws of physics to tell me where I was at.

As an example, I couldn't see the parallel node in the vibrations of a gun barrel, but I could hear it.

Anyway, in an article about barrel vibrations, and muzzle devices, I wrote for Precision Shooting Magazine back in 2005', I described how the muzzle device itself, when the muzzle was stopped, vibrated in place of the part cycle vibrations at the muzzle of a naked barrel.

Please look again at this amazing picture of Deveng's........see how his muzzle device is vibrating, with the end of the 3/32" rod stopped..

Deveng%20spearment%20with%20rod%20tip%20stopped.jpg

Now, here's a page from my PS article from 2005'.

I've underlined, in red, some sentences......

DSC00486.jpg

CYA friends, even though I had no sophisticated testing equipment, I knew the MD itself vibrated, when the muzzle was stopped, in place of the part cycle vibrations at the muzzle of a naked barrel.

Just as friend Deveng's amazing picture demonstrates.

Here's the cover of the March, 2005' PS Magazine.

DSC00484.jpg

I still have a comment about this amazing photograph of Graham's.

Which I'll do later.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
Been settled for almost 30 years now

More conformation

CYA friends:

There's so much going on right now here at CYA, that we don't have enough separate forums to keep thread topics from being piled on top of one another.

Anyway, friend Deveng's 3/32" rod spearment, and amazing pictures, have confirmed not only the "stopped muzzle", but something I wrote in Precision Shooting Magazine back in 2005'.

When I developed the first muzzle device almost 30 years ago, I had no sophisticated testing equipment to check my progress with, as a matter of fact, I didn't have any unsophisticated testing equipment either.......I had no testing equipment, period.

So I had to check my progress, and my final results, by using the laws of physics to tell me where I was at.

As an example, I couldn't see the parallel node in the vibrations of a gun barrel, but I could hear it.

Anyway, in an article about barrel vibrations, and muzzle devices, I wrote for Precision Shooting Magazine back in 2005', I described how the muzzle device itself, when the muzzle was stopped, vibrated in place of the part cycle vibrations at the muzzle of a naked barrel.

Please look again at this amazing picture of Deveng's........see how his muzzle device is vibrating, with the end of the 3/32" rod stopped..

Now, here's a page from my PS article from 2005'.

I've underlined, in red, some sentences......

DSC00486.jpg

CYA friends, even though I had no sophisticated testing equipment, I knew the MD itself vibrated, when the muzzle was stopped, in place of the part cycle vibrations at the muzzle of a naked barrel.

Just as friend Deveng's amazing picture demonstrates.

Here's the cover of the March, 2005' PS Magazine.

DSC00484.jpg

I still have a comment about this amazing photograph of Graham's.

Which I'll do later.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Been settled for almost 30 years now

CYA friends:

After that hard year of work, almost 30 years ago, and spending every dime I could make for ammo and test material, I finally figured out the muzzle device.

In my book I detail that year long adventure....

Anyway, close to the end of that year I got so down, both mentally as well as financially, to the point that if the spearment I had just finished didn't work, I was going to throw in the towel.

That final spearment worked.

And the world of accuracy has changed forever because of my muzzle device.

I'm telling this story because, even back then, after my final spearment produced the muzzle device we've used ever since, I knew at that time that the MD itself, when the muzzle was stopped, vibrated in place of the part cycle at the muzzle of a naked barrel.

I just didn't write about it until 2005', in my Precision Shooting Magazine article.

And now after almost 30 years, friend Deveng has produced photographic evidence of the MD vibrating, with the muzzle stopped.

CYA friends, after all this has had some time to soak in, I'll have an additional comment about this amazing picture of Graham's.

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom