Maurice Hassard's sporter equipment?

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Maurice Hassard's sporter equipment?

For anyone:

What sporter equipment is Maurice Hassard using at the World?

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Maurice was visiting USA shooters few years ago and maybe this sentence tell you something:

"Maurice Hassard was over here in May and shot in The Triple Crown and actually bought Taco Tim`s Sporter ! Tim had sent this Turbo over earlier thru KSS ! Taco Tim Gunworks is on a roll,"

His last target at the worlds 2019 was very impressive : 250 / 19 X to meters.

Tapani was place 5. with his own made sporter there and our guys have said that shooting there is not normal wind reading,it is mostly avoiding BIG mistakes....

BR, Timo

Friend Timo

Maurice was visiting USA shooters few years ago and maybe this sentence tell you something:

"Maurice Hassard was over here in May and shot in The Triple Crown and actually bought Taco Tim`s Sporter ! Tim had sent this Turbo over earlier thru KSS ! Taco Tim Gunworks is on a roll,"

His last target at the worlds 2019 was very impressive : 250 / 19 X to meters.

Tapani was place 5. with his own made sporter there and our guys have said that shooting there is not normal wind reading,it is mostly avoiding BIG mistakes....

BR, Timo

Friend Timo:

Who is Taco Tim?

Your friend, BC

PS:

Timo, the reason I asked, is because I thought I'd heard that Duck Hawk had sold his old sporta to Maurice.

Of course we don't know what gun Maurice shot in sporta.

Deputy Sheriff

Maurice was using Deputy Sheriff.
I bought it off Tim Miller for Maurice a few years ago now.
It has not been messed with in any way, apart from some custom made scope rings that fit directly onto the action. These do away with the bases and lower the scope.
I have shot DS several times, it always makes me grin!
Thanks
MarekP

Friend marekp

Maurice was using Deputy Sheriff.
I bought it off Tim Miller for Maurice a few years ago now.
It has not been messed with in any way, apart from some custom made scope rings that fit directly onto the action. These do away with the bases and lower the scope.
I have shot DS several times, it always makes me grin!
Thanks
MarekP

Friend marekp:

Rick Shouse called me one day saying Duck Hawk had just let him shoot Deputy Sheriff.

Rick said that little thing shot better than either of his two big guns, and Rick had just won the ARA St. Louis NATIONAL with one of them.

I built the Deputy for Duck Hawk back in 2011...

The first gun I built for the ole Hawk was named "The Sheriff"........

Front%20bumper%20sheriff.jpg

So when I built Duck Hawk's sporta, he named it "Deputy Sheriff".....

And keeping with the same theme, I later built the "Rabbit Sheriff"for the ole Hawk.

(Rabbit Sheriff being the Georgia back woods name for a game warden)

Friend marekp, please tell Maurice congratulations next time you talk to him.

Your friend, BC

The Deputy Sheriff uses a Calfee 2nd generation sporta profile by Shilen, with ratchet rifling...

I configured the weight head different on this ratchet.......I wanted all the actual bore length I could get, so I made the weight head smaller than I usually did, then back bored it further to place the weight head further past the muzzle.....

Even though the counter bore in the weight head is deeper than normal, I actually wound up with more actual bore length...

DSC04171_1.jpg

What wonderful memories:

DSC04168.jpg

Friend marekp, Duck Hawk started kicking it right off with the Deputy.....

Here's a doodle I did for the ole Hawk right after he upped the IR-50 Sporta record back in 2011.....

Deputysheriffworldrecordofficial.jpg

Last edited:
Deputy Sheriff's first test target

Deputy Sheriff's first test target

CYA friends:

I love reliving good ole memories.....

So I went back and looked to see if I had a picture of Deputy Sheriff's first range test.

I found what I'm 95% sure is a picture of it....

I say 95%, because I did not label the picture...

But, it was taken three days before I took the pictures of the little Deputy when complete.

And I almost never worked on but one build at a time...

Even when I built Paladin and Duke Of Earl together, I finished and tested one, then the other.

So I completed and tested a build, then started on the next

I'm pretty sure this is the little Deputies' first range test...

DSC03960.jpg

If you look closely, there's 14 X's in these 15 rounds.

And if you look up in the upper right hand corner, you see what I bet is a five shot group, killer, through the masking tape holding the target.

And one other thing:

If you notice, everything is slightly left.....nothing to the right.....

So this test might have been totally mind blowing if I'd had a click right in the scope.....man!

Your friend, BC

Man this little thing is bad.....

DSC04171_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom