Another very creative "gun fool"

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA friends:

I admire creative thinkers and doers.

I'd given anything if I could have had this Turbo bolt disassembly tool all those years that I was developing Turbo ignition.

As soon as Flash Ebert brought out his wonderful, MD-PAS ignition Turbo RFBR action, it went immediately straight to the top...

And it remains at the top today over 20 years later, because of that wonderful MD-PAS ignition.

Anyway, this tool is so easy and quick to use.....

Just slip the breech bolt over the firing pin spring pusher and lift the handle.......no screwing the tool in and out...

When I first saw this tool I thought, it won't work on triple lug breech bolts....

That's a 10-X triple lug breech bolt in these pictures....

And the thing is timed perfectly.......just one complete movement of the handle........and it also has a hole for the firing pin spring retaining pin to pass out the bottom of the tool body.

CYA friends:

Rembrandt, AKA Glen H, sent me this amazing piece of creative gun foolery......

I know nothing about its story........who makes it, how much, etc.

I do know this, man I'd love to have had this thing all these past 20 years.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC00675.jpg

No more having to screw the tool in and out, just lift the handle..

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

Friend Rembrandt

Friend Rembrandt

Friend Rembrandt:

I've been playing with the disassembly tool you sent.....

I reread the note you enclosed, then it dawned on me that you may have made this tool.

Rembrandt, if you did make it, and are willing, you're going to be a busy gun fool.....

Cause this thing has outdated every other disassembly tool I've ever seen.

Thank you.....

Your friend, BC

DSC00675.jpg

In your note you state the need to slightly wiggle a triple lug breech bolt to get it back out of the tool......

And that's right, but, there's just the right amount of room to allow this.......

After a couple of times it has become second nature......

And the timing of the pusher stroke is absolutely perfect.

And your note stated if the pusher needs to be re-set, it can be done........although this one is perfect.

With a crank in-and-out tool, one is constantly tightening the pusher, then checking to see if the FP retaining pin is ready to be punched out.

Or, one over tightens the pusher which binds up against the FP retaining pin, so has to be loosened.

Etc.

But with this tool, simply lifting the lever all the way places the pusher stroke in exactly the correct place to easily push the FP retaining pin out easily.

Man I could have used this these last 20 years.......

CYA friends:

I admire creative thinkers and doers.

I'd given anything if I could have had this Turbo bolt disassembly tool all those years that I was developing Turbo ignition.

As soon as Flash Ebert brought out his wonderful, MD-PAS ignition Turbo RFBR action, it went immediately straight to the top...

And it remains at the top today over 20 years later, because of that wonderful MD-PAS ignition.

Anyway, this tool is so easy and quick to use.....

Just slip the breech bolt over the firing pin spring pusher and lift the handle.......no screwing the tool in and out...

When I first saw this tool I thought, it won't work on triple lug breech bolts....

That's a 10-X triple lug breech bolt in these pictures....

And the thing is timed perfectly.......just one complete movement of the handle........and it also has a hole for the firing pin spring retaining pin to pass out the bottom of the tool body.

CYA friends:

Rembrandt, AKA Glen H, sent me this amazing piece of creative gun foolery......

I know nothing about its story........who makes it, how much, etc.

I do know this, man I'd love to have had this thing all these past 20 years.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC00675.jpg

No more having to screw the tool in and out, just lift the handle..

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

Howdy Bill,

That's clever and well thought out. Congrats on a well executed idea to whoever came up with it.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,

That's clever and well thought out. Congrats on a well executed idea to whoever came up with it.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

If Rembrandt built this tool, and is willing to produce more of them, he's going to be very busy.

If he didn't, then whomever produced it, if they're willing to make more, is going to be very busy.

Your friend, BC

This is the Lincoln Continental of Turbo disassembly tools......hands down.

DSC00672.jpg

Back
Top Bottom