Check Your Email Please

mr. C, please check your eMail.

Mr.C. Are the pictures Mr. DiOrio sent you ones that you could share with us? I’m guessing that they are about the BR pistol and trigger group that he is working on. I don’t want to seem anxious, but, well, I am W A Y past that point! Your synopsis of his latest 3 lug rifle action and it’s remarkably slick functioning has even further increased my anxiety. To paraphrase Oliver Twist, To Mr? DiOrio, Please sir, can I get one soon? (“Please sir, can I have some more?”)😁
Brian

Friend Bn1

Mr.C. Are the pictures Mr. DiOrio sent you ones that you could share with us? I’m guessing that they are about the BR pistol and trigger group that he is working on. I don’t want to seem anxious, but, well, I am W A Y past that point! Your synopsis of his latest 3 lug rifle action and it’s remarkably slick functioning has even further increased my anxiety. To paraphrase Oliver Twist, To Mr? DiOrio, Please sir, can I get one soon? (“Please sir, can I have some more?”)��
Brian

Friend Bn1:

Mr Bumble wants one, too.....

So does Nicholas Nickleby, David Copperfield and Little Dorrit.....

Pip has 'Great Expectations' of getting one, too.

Barnaby Rudge and Edwin Drood can't wait to get theirs, either....

It's kinda been 'Hard Times' at 'The Old Curiosity Shop', lately.

No Oliver, the pictures weren't about the new pistols.......

They were about an alteration to the firing pin.

I'm chomping at the bit too, but being patient......

Your friend, Bill "Gun fool" Calfee

PS:

Bn1, when I spoke to AD a couple days ago, it was decided that the recoil lug will not be pinned, bolted, to the action face.

With perfect, custom spec surfaces to work with, the recoil lug will not move when tightened.....like happens on XP's....

So pinning, bolting, the recoil lug to the action isn't needed....

And another thing....

When the V-3 XP action is used in a rifle application, which is most certainly going to happen, the action face will not have holes in it.

My gut tells me that one day down the road, every new V-3 rifle build will use the V-3 XP action......I'll bet anyone on this.

If I were to build a new rifle, I can't imagine giving up the additional 1/2" of bedding surface of the V-3 XP.

022019%20Turbo%20V3%20XP%20Receiver%20Assembly%20Drawing%20v1.jpg

This is the original drawing showing the recoil lug bolted to the action face, which is now outdated.

Last edited:
Friend Bn "Oliver Twist" 1

Mr.C. Are the pictures Mr. DiOrio sent you ones that you could share with us? I’m guessing that they are about the BR pistol and trigger group that he is working on. I don’t want to seem anxious, but, well, I am W A Y past that point! Your synopsis of his latest 3 lug rifle action and it’s remarkably slick functioning has even further increased my anxiety. To paraphrase Oliver Twist, To Mr? DiOrio, Please sir, can I get one soon? (“Please sir, can I have some more?”)��
Brian

Friend Bn "Oliver Twist" 1:

You've obviously studied Oliver Twist.

Do you, or have you, studied other Dickens works?

Here's Mr Bumble.....

DSC00716.jpg

I've got 14 of Dickens' works, and have read them all......finishing Bleak House now.

I've got books scattered all over this house.....Dickens' works are the left stack.

DSC00717%20-%20Copy.jpg

Bn1, I got to thinking about which Dickens characters would represent some of the folks here at CYA......or around RFBR in general....

It's obvious you're Oliver Twist.............your post demonstrates you know a lot about Oliver's mannerisms...........

Wonder who would be Mr Bumble?

I think I'd like to be Pip......cause he has "Great Expectations".......

And I've for sure got "great expectations" about these new pistols.............cough, cough.......I said I was going to be patient, didn't I......

Wonder who Timo would be?

Or Anthony DiOrio?.............couldn't be Mr Bumble......

Or Deveng?

Or Az_Speed?

Or Jeff Patterson?

Or Tad Earhart?......or Todd?

Or 404tbang?...........He'd have to be David Copperfield.....

Or some of the other folks here at CYA.

Your friend, Pip the "gun fool".......bc

Last edited:
No, I can't be Pip

Friend Bn "Oliver Twist" 1:

You've obviously studied Oliver Twist.

Do you, or have you, studied other Dickens works?

Here's Mr Bumble.....

DSC00716.jpg

I've got 14 of Dickens' works, and have read them all......finishing Bleak House now.

I've got books scattered all over this house.....Dickens' works are the left stack.

DSC00717%20-%20Copy.jpg

Bn1, I got to thinking about which Dickens characters would represent some of the folks here at CYA......or around RFBR in general....

It's obvious you're Oliver Twist.............your post demonstrates you know a lot about Oliver's mannerisms...........

Wonder who would be Mr Bumble?

I think I'd like to be Pip......cause he has "Great Expectations".......

And I've for sure got "great expectations" about these new pistols.............cough, cough.......I said I was going to be patient, didn't I......

Wonder who Timo would be?

Or Anthony DiOrio?.............couldn't be Mr Bumble......

Or Deveng?

Or Az_Speed?

Or Jeff Patterson?

Or Tad Earhart?......or Todd?

Or 404tbang?...........He'd have to be David Copperfield.....

Or some of the other folks here at CYA.

Your friend, Pip the "gun fool".......bc

No, I can't be Pip

CYA gun fool friends:

Pip is the wrong Dickens character for me.......

Jeff Patterson is Pip..........as he most certainly has "great expectations".......

No, I'm Joe Gargery, who Pip lives with since his folks passed away.....

Joe's a blacksmith, working on a dirt floor shop, I bet........

Now that's me perfectly...........

And I'm teaching Pip, I mean Jeff, about RFBR schmidt work.....

Your friend, Billy" Joe" Calfee

Back
Top Bottom