Moon to Anthony DiOrio

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Moon to Anthony DiOrio

Friend AD:

Had a conversation today with a gentleman who wants three of your new firing pins...

One for a V-3, and two for 10-X actions....

I advised him the V-3 would probably be a drop in, but, he may need to send you the 10-X bolts, cause they may need to be custom fit.

Anthony, are you sitting down?

Cause you need to......

I had another gentleman leave me a message:

This gentleman wanted to know if you could provide him with your new firing pin.....

Now make sure you're sitting down.....................OK

He wants your new pins for what I term a "cased, blueprint proof, SAP ignition, RFBR action"......

Anthony, with everything else you have going on, you're getting ready to be flooded with calls for you new firing pins...

And it looks like not just from TCA action owners...

Even the cased, blueprint proof, SAP ignition action folks are wanting them.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
Been playing on this pretty October day.....

Been playing on this pretty October day.....

CYA friends:

Been playing......

I took the old 4 groove Broughton that I've been fooling with on my 10-X slave rifle, and refit it to my left bolt Turbo...

I've had this left bolt/right port E Turbo for eight or nine years now....

Beautiful all walnut Pippin straight line.....

Baity 6 ignition......

And I've never done anything with it.........

Anyway, I decided to put this old Broughton on it and play some...

Remember, this old Broughton had an issue at the muzzle, so I re-crowned it and it kicked out back to back 2300's, on my 10-X slave rifle.

My 10-X slave rifle doesn't have the new DiOrio firing pin, that's on my pistol.......

Anyway, I finally got around to re-lapping the bore, to blend out the slight divot at 6:00 in front of the chamber......

All rimfire target rifles develop this divot.........it's a fairly good gauge of how much a barrel has been shot....

And I did something else......which I hate to do.....cause it can mess up the chamber.....

I deepened the chamber, then refinished it, then took my last lap, reinserted it and did a mild post chamber lap to the bore..

And I got lucky, as the chamber stayed perfectly centered.......

By doing this I was able to refresh the leade, then refresh the chamber mouth while getting the engraving length I wanted.

I wasn't trying to realign the old extractor slots, because I've put a shielded cone breech on this old Broughton.

So I shot it this evening....with some of the old black that Robert Oates gave me last year...

Don't ever brag on a rimfire, cause they'll let you down every time you do...

So I won't......

I wish the new DiOrio pin would fit this Baity 6 ignition, but it won't..........

And, my old Jewel trigger let me down.....

This thing was killing it.......I mean taking the dot out........

Then I'd have a high shot, then a low shot, then the old Jewel would lock up.....

I'd remove the breech bolt, and I couldn't hold the trigger and push down on the transfer bar and get it to fall......

So I'd fool with it and finally get the transfer bar to fall....

Then the thing would cut the dots out on a run, again, then a high/low and the old Jewel would lock up again...

So I've got to tear into the old Jewel.....

But..............................

By gosh, I made the Bond style trigger for my pistol, and I love it, so I've decided I'm going to make me a trigger for this Turbo/Pippin lefty.

This old Broughton is kicking it......that's all I'll say......no brag.

Your friend, BC Mr gun fool.

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

PS:

A CYankee friend E-Mailed me this simply brilliant quote, from another web site, posted by Wally:

"You're always going to have "innovators", "early adopters", then the early majority, late majority, and the last group to eventually adopt a product are called "Laggards" or "phobics. Nothing has been proven to innovators and little to early adopters. Maybe there's some proof for the early majority. The last two accept whatever it is has been proven. Well documented and simple economics."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom