I can't imagine starting a new build without it

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I can't imagine starting a new build without it

CYA gun fool friends:

This old gun fool couldn't imagine starting a new build today, without using this firing pin configuration.

DSC00749%20-%20Copy_1.jpg

Even if I were starting a new build today with a SAP action, I'd figure a way to have this pin.

CYA friends, if for no other reason, common sense dictates I'd have to use this pin.

Here's why:

To place the firing pin footprint at the proper location just inside the rim, using the chisel configuration, requires fitting, blueprinting, of the pin tip.

And throughout the years of being a RFBR schmidt, even though I took pains to place the chisel footprint properly, every one of my builds wound up with a slightly different footprint.

And I'm not just talking about Turbos......

Therefore, the accuracy of my builds varied, by some slight percentage, simply because of the slight variation in the placement of my firing pin footprints.

Some simple common sense:

CYA friends, even if the DiOrio crescent had no accuracy increasing potential over the chisel configuration, the one thing it does guarantee, is that every shooter will have an action with the exact same, perfect, footprint placement.

Therefore today, I can't imagine starting a new build without it..........rifle or pistol.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Back
Top Bottom