Say what, Calfee!

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Say what, Calfee!

CYA friends:

I wish every serious RFBR shooter, on Earth, could sit down behind this pistol for five minutes....

If you did, it would change your "entire" perspective as to what it takes to produce killer rimfire accuracy.

One way or another, this thing has to be made available to the masses.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC00115 - Copy.jpg

The best example there is....

The best example there is....

CYA friends:

The absolute best example of the potential of RFBR pistols, has to be what the "Girl with a pistol" did year before last at Buck Creek.

Look at the names the "Girl with a pistol" beat at Buck Creek....

1. Mary Stark 2100 2450 2200 2200 2200 2300-- 13450

2. Greg Monroe 2000 2300 2250 2250 2100 2350-- 13250

3. Donald Hamblin 1900 2200 2100 2400 2250 2350-- 13200

4. Wallace Smallwood 2050 1975 2100 2200 2300 2400-- 13025

5. Tad Earhart 2075 2400 2050 2200 2075 2150-- 12950

6. Carrie Earhart 1875 2150 2100 2050 2125 2250-- 12550

7. Foster Arvin 2100 2150 2050 2225 2025 2000-- 12550

8. Scott Reid 1900 2075 2050 2100 2000 2200-- 12325

9. Todd Earhart 1775 1875 1850 2250 2050 2225-- 12025

10.Sydney Combs 1080 1900 1700 1875 1750 1350 9655

Someway, somehow, these fabulous RFBR guns must become available for the masses.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC00107.jpg

Friend Anthony "gun fool" DiOrio

I’m working on making it happen ��

Friend Anthony "gun fool" DiOrio:

Anthony, Michael "Black Death" Sherrill owns the world of RFBR ever since he astonished it by his performance at the 2019 ARA Indoor Nationals.

Big Dog and Black Death - Copy.jpg

And Anthony, you do not fully realize this yet.....you can't...

But.....................

You own the world of RFBR action makers.........it ain't even close.

And these pistols will only reconfirm that ownership.

DSC00107.jpg

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Anthony, I'll make a prediction

Anthony, I'll make a prediction

Anthony, I'll make a prediction:

When the new V-3 XP actions become available, at some point down the road, you'll be selling as many, or more, of them to "rifle" shooters, as you're selling the traditional V-3's and V-1's today.

Therefore, these new V-3 XP actions are not only for pistols....

And I believe you told me you'll also make a V-1 version of the new XP action......I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, here.

022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly Drawing v1.jpg

Now Anthony, I'm just dreaming and pondering now.......so don't pay no attention.......OK.

The new XP action will have a greater bedding surface....a positive.

And if a rifle shooter could get a solid bottom recoil lug, not split for the trigger linkage of the pistol, they could use the recoil lug instead of the tang, as the recoil surface........

Although....................

The split lug could also be used, too.........little more hassle......

Now....................................

This is the really dreamy part, so don't pay no attention to this, OK.

The recoil lug is counter bored for the barrel, this is the way you plan to do this, which leaves a .050" thick ring for the barrel shoulder to purchase against, with the lug itself purchasing against the face of the action......

If the barrel tenon length, including the .050" thickness of the recoil lug, remains at the traditional Turbo 1.000"..........I believe 1.007" actual....

Now this is where it gets killer good....

If this action is used for a "rifle", and fit leaving the recoil lug off........

This leaves a tenon length of .950"..........or .957"...actual...

Which means................................

The juncture of the barrel shoulder and action face is .050" closer to the end of the leade of the chamber.......

So the accuracy destroying, over tightening of the barrel, will almost be completely eliminated.

As a matter of fact......

At .950", the barrel shoulder action face juncture will be so close to the end of the leade, that slightly over tightening the barrel might actually improve the fluid transition between the leade and bore...........

I told you I was dreaming.........and not to pay any attention to it....OK.

Anthony, the only thing I regret, now, is that I can't go back about 15 years and have the materials you're furnishing, to work with....

My gosh..........

Your friend, BC

A correction....

A correction....

CYA friends, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, here...

I posted this old drawing of Anthony's new V-3 XP action, which shows the recoil lug attached to the action face with screws...

022019, Turbo V3 XP Receiver Assembly Drawing v1.jpg

The last time AD and I talked, he had decided, I believe, to simply counter bore the recoil lug and have it secured by being clamped between the barrel shoulder and action face.....like a regular XP, 40-X etc.

The recoil lug turning, as the barrel is being tightened, is not an issue with custom spec components.......it is with the factory XP-40-X etc, cause the components are warped from heat treat, plus, the Remington factory recoil lugs vary in thickness......some really bad.

When I built my new MD-PAS triple pistol I made the recoil lug adjustable....

I also had to make up an extension for the front of the action, since I used a 10-X action, so the action would be long enough to use in a factory modified XP stock......

And______________________

This extension is secured by being clamped between the barrel shoulder and action face.......like I believe AD is going to do .

DSC00094.JPG

I made my recoil lug adjustable by attaching it to the extension with 6 set screws.....

When the weather warms up I'm going to change this.....

I'm going to attach the recoil lug directly to the extension, ain't figured out exactly how yet, since it really doesn't have to be adjustable......

DSC00100.jpg

Now............................................

I doodled the above picture some..........dreaming.........I'm always dreaming and pondering.....and doodling....

I doodled a third scope base screw hole, since I haven't actually drilled and tapped the third hole yet....

( I see I didn't get it quite centered between the other two holes)

Then I removed the 10-X, X-III logo.........since these pistols will be true Turbo based.

And then........................................

I doodled something else on this action.......

Can you spot it?

I'll let this post simmer a spell, then I'll comment on this additional doodle work.......and some more of me dreaming, about it.......

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
Keep on dreaming.....

Keep on dreaming.....

CYA friends:

It's obvious I doodled out the rear scope base mounting holes in the rear receiver ring.

Cause they're like teats on a bore hog........they ain't needed.

DSC00100.jpg

CYA friends, someday in the future, all RFBR actions will come drilled for scope mounting on the front receiver ring only.

Because the day will come, when the world of RFBR will realize the handicap to ultimate accuracy, from mounting a scope across the loading port.

Therefore....................................

Should the stars align, and I'm still here, and I have the chance to build a new pistol on the new DiOrio V-3 XP action................

I'm going to request that Anthony delete the rear scope mounting holes on my action.

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee.

PS:

CYA friends:

Won't it look so double bad, and so "Tony", and so progressive, to own and shoot a RFBR gun without those worthless rear scope base holes....Man!

DSC00100.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom