Firing Pin Spring For Crescent Pin Tip

DiOrioMFG

Bill,

I didn't want to high jack your "Pistolitis" thread.

I have the new springs in stock I designed for crescent shaped tip. The Wilkinson springs will work for a while but over time they will degrade from being over stressed and misfires will occur. I'm sending a bunch to Tom this week so he'll have some in stock as well.

Anyone who purchased a new firing pin slide with the crescent tip or sent their existing slide to me to have the crescent pin installed can email or call me and I will ship a new spring to them free of charge. These springs are designed for the newer V series Turbo receivers. I just received samples of a second spring I designed yesterday, these are intended to be used in the older V series Turbo actions for customers whom would like to convert to the crescent pin. I have to conduct some testing of the second spring to confirm the design is correct for the older V series actions.

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD

Bill,

I didn't want to high jack your "Pistolitis" thread.

I have the new springs in stock I designed for crescent shaped tip. The Wilkinson springs will work for a while but over time they will degrade from being over stressed and misfires will occur. I'm sending a bunch to Tom this week so he'll have some in stock as well.

Anyone who purchased a new firing pin slide with the crescent tip or sent their existing slide to me to have the crescent pin installed can email or call me and I will ship a new spring to them free of charge. These springs are designed for the newer V series Turbo receivers. I just received samples of a second spring I designed yesterday, these are intended to be used in the older V series Turbo actions for customers whom would like to convert to the crescent pin. I have to conduct some testing of the second spring to confirm the design is correct for the older V series actions.

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD:

I've about got this last attack of pistolitis under control....

Pistolitis is kinda like malaria, although worse, it flairs up ever so often and must be attended to....

Quinine is taken for malaria and North Carolina spring water is most excellent for pistolitis.

(Actually it's most excellent even if one isn't going through a bout of pistolitis)

Anyway.................

The two things I'm paying attention to the most on my pistol, are the trigger and the PC firing pin.

Both are working flawless.....

Anthony, my pistol shoots much better than the barrel I've got on it is capable of.......

I've still not re-lapped it since I profiled it down to .800" for my pistol......

And the bore is most certainly degraded some, especially in the rear third where I removed the most material.

There's no doubt in my mind that a combination of it being three lug, along with the PC firing pin, contribute to the way the thing shoots...

And the fact that the trigger return spring causes the transfer bar to apply so little upward pressure on the bottom of the cocking piece, also contributes to the way it shoots...

The barrel, itself, is simply not capable of the kind of accuracy I'm getting......

If your new spring will drive like the Wilkinson, with extended spring life, it will be a winner.......the pin itself is a winner.

Your friend, BC

These MD-PAS triple pistols are the most unique RFBR guns in the world........and by far the most entertaining to shoot.

DSC00107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom