Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm eat up with this 6 power scope thing......

I'm eat up with this 6 power scope thing......

I'm eat up with this 6 power scope thing......

CYA friends:

I just came from the range...

44 degrees......

I'm eat up with this 6 power scope thing.......

It blows my mind how killer one can shoot a 6 power scope...

If.......................

You can see the target.....

I put my K-6 Weaver on my 40-X pistol......and shot it this evening...

So much to report......

I'm wore out......going to bed early....

More after some needed rest....

Your friend, an eat up 6 power scope shooter.......confirmed......there's nothing like it...

And I wasted 30 years of my life without trying it...

Bill gun fool Calfee

Name:  DSC00940 - Copy.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  111.2 KB

What a shame ARA let sporta shooting get away from them..................gosh what a loss....

Find you a Lyman 6x to go with your other Lymans. I believe mine is the best scope Ive ever owned. It has the tall turrets and the AO adjusts very good on it. Fun.
    Todd

Friend TE

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Earhart View Post
    Find you a Lyman 6x to go with your other Lymans. I believe mine is the best scope Ive ever owned. It has the tall turrets and the AO adjusts very good on it. Fun.
    Todd

Friend TE:

Yes, I fully agree with you.....

As a matter of fact I've found one..........

Only problem is, it must be gold plated for what they're asking for it.....

I had a Lyman AA 6 at one time, but didn't have any use for it so I basically gave it away........which I now regret, of course.

The AA 6 is a wonderful scope........as are my 20 AA's..........wonderful optics......

Plus.......................

It's so easy to change cross hairs in them.....

My 20 AA, that's been converted to 30 power, has a cross hair I put in it probably 25 years ago....

I made the cross hairs from the web of a spider........

And they're perfect till this day.......and that scope sits in the cold shop in the wintertime, and hot in the summer.....

And the hairs are super thin......

You use one of the main attachment spokes of the spider web.......

There's actually 6 strands in each spoke......

You roll the spoke web between your fingers and the 6 individual strands will start to separate.........

Then you use just one of the strands......

Wonderful cross hairs......and last forever...

And they're so easy to change in the Lyman AA's.

My 40-X pistol has a much better barrel on it than my new Turbo pistol....

I even broke out a few rounds of the best Lapua I have......

Todd, both of my pistols shoot equally killer........

Here's the difference:

My MD-PAS Turbo pistol carries the inferior barrel that's on it.......

The superior barrel on my SAP 40-X pistol carries it....

If I could switch the barrels around, my MD-PAS Turbo pistol would half track my SAP 40-X pistol.....

But as they are now, they both shoot equally killer.....

Although, my new MD-PAS pistol WILL have a different barrel one day......if the world don't end first.....or I don't end first.

Your friend, BC

I'd given anything to have had this 40-X pistol back when I competed.......

It is stout...........because it's got a tremendous barrel on it, compared to my MD-PAS pistol.

Name:  DSC00940 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  116.3 KB

Terrible decision......

Terrible decision......

CYA gun fool friends:

My heart breaks because of the terrible decisions ARA made when it tried to have a Sporta class in ARA....

I mean terrible decisions....

Cause shooting RFBR with a 6 power scope is the most gratifying experience in Big Time RFBR today....

It's taken me 30 years to find this out.....

CYA friends:

If the powers to be at ARA, back when they first tried to start sporta shooting, would have simply adopted the IR-50 rules for the guns...

Then....................

Simply configured the ARA target so it can be seen through a 6 power scope, like the IR-50 target........

ARA Sporter would be thriving today....

In a big way...............I mean a big way....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

There's nothing today in RFBR so challenging, and rewarding, as kicking out amazing targets using a 6 power scope...

It's mind boggling how accurate one can shoot with a 6 power scope.....if the target is configured so one can see it...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:02 PM.

LYNX 6 Power

At last years WRABF Worlds i had panic attack when the scrutineers and range officers checked my scope 3 times on the line before the start. I asked is there an issue they said no where just trying to double check as mine was the clearest on the line by far and as they are made in South Africa using Japanese Optics they were amused and bewildered why they were not using the same scope...there u go Happy Valentines Day
    Bill Collaros
    Australia
    Shoot to Thrill

Been busy today....

Been busy today....

CYA friends:

Been busy today....

What a shame the powers to be at ARA screwed up ARA sporta...........what a loss to the world of "serious" rimfire accuracy.

ARA sporta, if it had been handled correctly, would be as popular today as unlimited ARA..............

"Where have all the flowers gone...........long time passing."

CYA friends:

I'm not advocating for ARA to try sporta again..........

They screwed it up the first go-a-round, so, I wouldn't expect things to change, if, they tried it again.....

What I am advocating, is this:

For folks to experience the thrill of kicking out amazing ARA targets, with a 6 power scope...

It's mind blowing......

So here's what I'm doing:

I'll start with this picture of the original ARA target, and then I'll take it from there, soon..............OK

Name:  DSC00946 - Copy.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  107.9 KB
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 1 Week Ago at 12:23 AM.

Here's two more pictures, then I'll explain them later..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calfee View Post
    Been busy today....

CYA friends:

Been busy today....

What a shame the powers to be at ARA screwed up ARA sporta...........what a loss to the world of "serious" rimfire accuracy.

ARA sporta, if it had been handled correctly, would be as popular today as unlimited ARA..............

"Where have all the flowers gone...........long time passing."

CYA friends:

I'm not advocating for ARA to try sporta again..........

They screwed it up the first go-a-round, so, I wouldn't expect things to change, if, they tried it again.....

What I am advocating, is this:

For folks to experience the thrill of kicking out amazing ARA targets, with a 6 power scope...

It's mind blowing......

So here's what I'm doing:

I'll start with this picture of the original ARA target, and then I'll take it from there, soon..............OK

Name:  DSC00946 - Copy.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  107.9 KB

CYA friends:

Here's two more pictures.....

I'll explain these two pictures later....

I want you to see them, and study them first.....

Here I placed the original ARA bull on an IR-50 bull.....

Name:  DSC00947 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  83.4 KB

__________________________________________________ __

Name:  DSC00947 - Copy.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  84.5 KB

I'll explain them later........

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

CYA friends:

I'd give anything if ARA would not have messed up their new ARA sporta class, by their untenable rules for the guns.....

Because ARA sporta would be thriving today in a big way, if they had simply adopted the IR-50 sporta rules, for the guns, then furnished an ARA target configured so it could be seen with a 6 power scope....

What a crying shame..............................
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 1 Week Ago at 11:11 PM.

I used to be able to shoot 1950 t0 2050 in average conditions on ARA card. When we first started we only had one UL rifle and my sporter so I shot it alot. Id like to think I could do a little better now because of better wind reading but Ive also got used to 2.5x heavier rifle and 50x scope so its a good chance Id do worse. Its easy for me to shoot a card full of 50s trying to manage the hold off. Harper, Hornstein, Mankin ect that shoot sporters alot would do much better.
    Todd

Friend TE

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Earhart View Post
    I used to be able to shoot 1950 t0 2050 in average conditions on ARA card. When we first started we only had one UL rifle and my sporter so I shot it alot. Id like to think I could do a little better now because of better wind reading but Ive also got used to 2.5x heavier rifle and 50x scope so its a good chance Id do worse. Its easy for me to shoot a card full of 50s trying to manage the hold off. Harper, Hornstein, Mankin ect that shoot sporters alot would do much better.
    Todd

Friend TE:

I guarantee that those three, and dozens of others, would love to see what they could do on the ARA target, with a 6 power scope.

Including me.........I'm hooked.

What a shame ARA completely misjudged the pulse of the RFBR world, when they tried to have an ARA Sporta class.....

Oh, if only the folks at ARA could go back................

ARA Sporta would be a major discipline in ARA today..................

And now it's gone forever................

What a crying shame...................

Your friend, BC

After 30 years, I've discovered there's nothing like kicking out cards with a 6 power scope....

What a loss to ARA..............................

Name:  DSC00917.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  113.8 KB

Sorry that I am writing here my memories of scopes and my "gunfool life" and most of those was not happened with RF:s.

But Bills 6 X was "the code" to put me write.

I was 7 years old when my father bought me first airgun.That is the reason I am "gunfool".

I have exceptional good vision or eyesight and dont need any scopes first.

Lived on countryside and shooted near every day.Mostly hundreds of rounds / day.

I think that I shooted over 50000 shots/year on this time.

Shooting with iron sights goes to "muscle memory" and when I was 10 years old I gave "shooting shows" to our neighbours.

I put 10 pieces of bottle caps on wooden plank and shoot those off from 25 meter.Shooted from free hand.If calm never missed the cap anymore.

My first scope was B.Nickel 4 x 20. Made in Germany and real steel scope.Then comes 12 X Weaver,24 and 36 X Leopolds and many more and now shooting mostly with 10-50x56 Sightron.

But this "6 X code". Goes to army and they choose 12 guys from about 2000 guys to sharpshooters and there I was.

Later on military refresher we shooted on winter time to 600 m with Schmidt & Bender Klassik 6x42.
    Gun was 7,62x53 R and it gives about 180 mm 20 shots group to 600 m.Shooted from snow and with factory ammo.

My self confidence was VERY HIGH level and I was shooting also flying birds down with rf and then decited to give time to come good with shotgun.

In my little world I thought that there cant be many better in the world when it comes to shoot flying birds down with shotgun.(Young mans hubris-

But then comes Mr Matthew Dryke from USA to visit Finland and gives shooting show here.Then I understood that there are others in the world-.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CggJ__gJDIM

Matt told me that he got first shotgun from his father on age 7 years and end is history.Amazing man.

This storys education is that if you do something over 50000 times / year it comes easy.Whatever it is.

BR, Timo