Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wilkinson Turbo FP Spring

Friend aslap

Quote Originally Posted by aslap View Post
    Bill,

I should have these out middle of next week latest.

Let me ask - if a rifle can be tuned in 50 rounds, I assume:

1. That tuning will help any ammo but there will be ammo that will shoot better. That is to say that a naked barrel will shoot ammo A in some fashion. Strapping on the tuner will make this ammo be “better” but ammo B may blow ammo A away.

2. To get it done in 50 rounds or less, there must be some start point or routine that you use. This may be something that is proprietary but, man, I’d pay cash money to know what that is!

Thanks again for the help. It is very much appreciated.

Tony

Friend aslap:

Your comment in bold orange:

I can "stop the muzzle" in 50 rounds, provided the contraption I'm fooling with is capable of having its muzzle stopped.

There is no such thing as "tuning" a RFBR gun.....

"Tuning" is another of the ridiculous terms promoted by the world of self appointed tuning experts.

Job number one is to properly construct a full-on, Class A RFBR contraption..

Once that's accomplished, it takes no more than 50 rounds to "stop the muzzle"......usually less than 50.

Friend aslap, you're in the process of trying to accomplish job number one.

Once that's accomplished, 50 rounds, or less, is all it will take to stop the muzzle of your contraption.

And once you stop the muzzle, you will never need to touch the MD again.

BLACK DEATH has had the same MD setting for 12 years now....

Name:  Big Dog and Black Death - Copy.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  62.3 KB

As soon as I get your bullets we'll see if we can get job number one straightened out..

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 05-19-2020 at 06:44 AM.

On the way!

Bill,

Package on the way. You should have it by next Thursday. Looking forward to your analysis.

Tony

Friend aslap

Quote Originally Posted by aslap View Post
    Bill,

Package on the way. You should have it by next Thursday. Looking forward to your analysis.

Tony

Friend aslap:

When they get here I'll try to see what we've got....

By the way.................

I tried to make it as simple as possible......

But...............

I now wish I would have had you push a slug up to within a half inch, or so, of the crown, then push it back out though the chamber.....

This would have allowed me to do a better job of evaluating your crown....

As it stands now, you pushed slugs a couple inches into the bore, then back out through the chamber......

Plus, you pushed a couple all the way through the bore and out the crown.

The only thing I probably will not be able to determine, is whether the slugs pushed completely through the bore are reading me the quality of the crown, or, the groove diameter at the muzzle....

If I'd had you push a couple to within 1/2" of the crown, then back out through the chamber, I would be able to read both the condition of the crown, and, the groove diameter right at he muzzle....

We'll see what we come up with, with what you sent...

Your friend, BC