Two interesting issues....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Two interesting issues....

CYA friends:

I was looking through some old photos trying to locate some Falcon ignition pictures....

And I ran across these two pictures......

So......................

Until I locate my Falcon ignition pictures I thought I'd post these two pictures...

The first:

I'm not a professional bedder, but, if I take my time I can produce zero run-out bedding...

One thing I learned from Darrell Horsley.......

Never place the pillars directly against the action......this is a no-no.

If you do, no matter if you do a skim coat after the initial bedding, the bedding will shrink away from the action leaving the action resting on the pillars, only.

Just like this picture....

DSC03293.jpg

The second subject is similar to one CYA member Deveng brought up some time back about side weights on a MD to try to eliminate any possible horizontal....

This is something I spearmented with years ago on an iron sight 3-P rifle..

The adjustable weights are attached to the fore end of the stock, not the barrel...

This way the weights won't affect the barrel vibrations......only the rotational torque of a right hand twist barrel.

Calfee Torque Stabilizer form 1991.jpg

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

You can't rest the pillars on the action...

You can't rest the pillars on the action...

CYA friends:

Had a call today.................among several...........

Anyway..................

The caller said that other stock bedders are putting the pillars directly against the action...

CYA friends, I don't know where to start....in trying to explain why the pillars simply can not be placed against the action, proper.

This picture should explain why:

DSC03293.jpg

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

Back
Top Bottom