Falcon stuff......

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Falcon stuff......

CYA friends:

Since we've been discussing General Lee, which has brought back memories, I went to the shop today and dug out some of my old Falcon stuff......

DSC01167.jpg

The Falcon, like the Turbo, although not as extensive, did have several items to help blueprinting and developing the Falcon ignition.

Once Leonard Baity came out with his good 4140 locking lugs, the Falcon could be blueprinted as easily as the Turbo.

The original, case hardened Falcon lugs were a nightmare to try to blueprint....

Anyway................

A bunch of the items in the picture are spearmental things.....

Like the trigger hangers in the lower right, which used a sliding member that converted the Falcon to vertical lockup.

What was neat about it, was it used standard Remington pattern triggers, without any modifications....

The cocking piece was vertical interface......if you look closely, middle row, second cocking piece from the right, you can see it has been modified with a vertical interface.......also the cocking piece on the bottom row, the one with the knurled knob threaded to it, has also been modified with the vertical interface....

The sliding member, mounted in the trigger hanger, took up the upward pressure of the transfer bar of the standard angled engagement triggers.

A very slick solution to incorporate a vertical interface, which also allowed using unmodified triggers, like the Jewel...at that time..

Oh................by the way......

Yes, different rate springs were available for developing the Falcon ignition...

You can see I've marked three, upper left of the picture.....

They had to be cut to length, which was just fine, since this allowed even more flexibility in developing the Falcon ignition.

CYA friends, I've probably said this a hundred times over the years......

The Falcon, when well blueprinted, is capable of producing the most consistent ignition of any SAP action.

Some really fond memories....

Like getting to see the General last evening.....

DSC01162.jpg

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom