Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Show and tell

CYA friends:

Do any of you folks know what this is?

DSC01209.jpg

CYA friends:

I'm too old......

It's a blessing I no longer do RFBR schmidt work.....

Cause I've never seen so much goofy nonsense, like what's floating around some of the "rimfire accuracy" Internet sites.

I apologize.......

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

Hi Bill!

Being quiet for awhile here. Being all freetime building facilities near Russian frontier.Not for military, but wild boar hunting facilities-:).

I am not sure what discussion you mean,but one I guess is about tuners? Need they moving on different situations?

We dont have plenty of experiences but I can wrote only what our Team has seen here.

I take example of 2 "winning RFBR" here.Tapanis Turbo was made good tuning inside range on temperature +20 C (68 F).
He has never moved tuner later and he shooted in Germany 250/24 X card to 50 m also on temperature +4 (39 F).
He use different Lapua CX,Midas+ & XAct ammo and speeds are not same but about same.

Other is "winner gun" of 3 x 10 shots RFBR shooting to 100 m.If change Lapua ammo to RWS ammo, it needs tuner movement.

Little OffTopic. I am not sure are we inventing new "Urban legends" or what, but many have opinion here that RWS R-50 is good for longer barrels, inside and calm wheather shooting to 50 m.And to 100 m it makes its work also outside and wind,but always with longer barrels there also.

RWS R-50 is faster than Lapua but we are little worried about Lapuas speed also now.It seems that average speed has gone up little and we have given feedback about it to factory.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

The folks here at CYA were wondering what happened to you.....

Here's a comment from your above post:

"Other is "winner gun" of 3 x 10 shots RFBR shooting to 100 m.If change Lapua ammo to RWS ammo, it needs tuner movement."

Friend Timo, if the muzzle on this rifle were truly stopped, the MD (tuner) would not need to be changed when going from Lapua to RWS, just like the Turbo of Tapanis.

Here's why:

(Please keep this in mind....the parallel node has length........)

One can achieve killer accuracy, without having the "exact center" of the parallel node at the exit of the crown.

This confuses a lot of folks........

In the case of this 3 x 10 shot, 100 yard shooter, the muzzle is not actually stopped at the setting for Lapua.

What happens when the faster R-50 is shot in this rifle, is that the muzzle starts stepping out of the protection of the length of the parallel node......

Because the muzzle is not actually stopped......(the rifle does not have the "exact center" of the parallel node at the exit of the crown, in other words.)

Friend Timo, there's so much miss-understanding about this in the world of accuracy, especially with our centerfire BR friends.

Good to see you're still in the gun fool business.....

"Gun Fool"..........that's your contribution to the world of rimfire accuracy vocabulary.....

Your gun fool friend, BC

PS:

Friend Timo, a lot of folks think this is an adjustable, open end wrench.....

That's not what this really is.....even though it does kinda look like one...

DSC01209.jpg

Friend gun fool Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

The folks here at CYA were wondering what happened to you.....

Here's a comment from your above post:

"Other is "winner gun" of 3 x 10 shots RFBR shooting to 100 m.If change Lapua ammo to RWS ammo, it needs tuner movement."

Friend Timo, if the muzzle on this rifle were truly stopped, the MD (tuner) would not need to be changed when going from Lapua to RWS, just like the Turbo of Tapanis.

Here's why:

(Please keep this in mind....the parallel node has length........)

One can achieve killer accuracy, without having the "exact center" of the parallel node at the exit of the crown.

This confuses a lot of folks........

In the case of this 3 x 10 shot, 100 yard shooter, the muzzle is not actually stopped at the setting for Lapua.

What happens when the faster R-50 is shot in this rifle, is that the muzzle starts stepping out of the protection of the length of the parallel node......

Because the muzzle is not actually stopped......(the rifle does not have the "exact center" of the parallel node at the exit of the crown, in other words.)

Friend Timo, there's so much miss-understanding about this in the world of accuracy, especially with our centerfire BR friends.

Good to see you're still in the gun fool business.....

"Gun Fool"..........that's your contribution to the world of rimfire accuracy vocabulary.....

Your gun fool friend, BC

PS:

Friend Timo, a lot of folks think this is an adjustable, open end wrench.....

That's not what this really is.....even though it does kinda look like one...

View attachment 2140

I don't know what fancy names some may call that thing, but where I come from they are called "Monkey wrenches".

And the reason is they are sometimes used for purposes that have been described on other channels.

But in all honesty, sometimes you have to do what you have to do!

TKH

friend Tom W

Looks like a tool to avoid bad relationships....Bad lug relationships.

Friend Tom W:

AMEN.

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee...

PS:

Friend Tom W:

Would you want to explain what you mean by "Bad lug relationships"?

Or.................

Would you like for me to explain it?

I know exactly where you're going....

And you are 100% correct.....

Last edited:
Bill...

I’m sure you would do the best job explaining...
The amount of torque some use to put barrels on rear lockup actions, an explanation would be beneficial.

:p
Show and tell

CYA friends:

Do any of you folks know what this is?

View attachment 2139

CYA friends:

I'm too old......

It's a blessing I no longer do RFBR schmidt work.....

Cause I've never seen so much goofy nonsense, like what's floating around some of the "rimfire accuracy" Internet sites.

I apologize.......

Howdy Bill,

That right there is a variety of tools all wrapped up in one.

It's a wrench.....unless it's used in a pinch as a hammer.....unless it's used in a pinch as a prybar. If it's used as a prybar it becomes a wrecking bar if it's used on anything that can be warped. If it can be warped it will be warped. Even if it doesn't look like it. Once it's warped.......it's warped. If it's something that doesn't matter if it's warped that's one thing. If it's something you've spent a lot of money on in order to have critical surfaces match up perfectly.......it's another.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

:p

Howdy Bill,

That right there is a variety of tools all wrapped up in one.

It's a wrench.....unless it's used in a pinch as a hammer.....unless it's used in a pinch as a prybar. If it's used as a prybar it becomes a wrecking bar if it's used on anything that can be warped. If it can be warped it will be warped. Even if it doesn't look like it. Once it's warped.......it's warped. If it's something that doesn't matter if it's warped that's one thing. If it's something you've spent a lot of money on in order to have critical surfaces match up perfectly.......it's another.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

I see Harbor Freight has these for sale for just $12.99......

Harbor freight  12,99.jpg

This is the best buy in the entire world of RFBR.....

This amazing tool guarantees that there will be no "Bad lug relationships", as Tom W states.

Friend Bill,

I use mine to change barrels. Someone sent me one of these with some illustrations of how to properly unscrew the action from the barrel and then how to properly re-seat a new one. It is a simple process but for those of us who may not be experienced mechanically it is quite gratifying to be able to do even something as simple as that. There is a certain satisfaction that comes with being able to do some of your own gun work. The tool and instructions were and continue to be much appreciated.

Your Friend,

AZ_Speed

Friend 404tbang:

I see Harbor Freight has these for sale for just $12.99......

View attachment 2143

This is the best buy in the entire world of RFBR.....

This amazing tool guarantees that there will be no "Bad lug relationships", as Tom W states.

Howdy Bill,

Aaaaaah, ok. Did some "walking around".

$12.99 is a whale of a deal to avoid "bad lug relationships".

And you still have all the multipurpose abilities of the tool.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,

Aaaaaah, ok. Did some "walking around".

$12.99 is a whale of a deal to avoid "bad lug relationships".

And you still have all the multipurpose abilities of the tool.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

I just read yours and Az_Speed's posts....

The best part of it all, is that Az_Speed is changing his barrels safely, with absolutely no chance of developing "bad lug relationships", as Tom W so artfully stated......

Your friend, BC

PS:

Yes, this is the biggest bargain in all of RFBR......cause it is 100% foolproof safe.

Harbor freight  12,99.jpg

Back
Top Bottom