Stop the world for a second, please...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Stop the world for a second, please...

CYA gun fool friends:

I just heard that a feller from Arkansas, is headed to North Carolina to take possession of the Turbo RFBR rifle I built for Charles R Hopewell, author of the Hopewell method of setting the HH/MD....

Mr Hopewell is no longer with us.

But his legacy remains....

Randy Hopewell.jpg

CYA gun fool freinds:

Someone from Arkansas is about to take possession of an iconic, Calfee RFBR rifle...

The Turbo owned by Mr Hopewell, the author of the "Hopewell Method" for setting the HH/MD.

GOD SPEED RANDY.....I miss you......

Your ole buddy, Bill Calfee

PS:

Robert, you let a priceless Calfee gem get away from you..........

But you've sure made a gentleman from Arkansas happy...............

Last edited:
The legacy of Charles R Hopewell

The legacy of Charles R Hopewell

My friend Robert Oates:

You've made it possible for someone in Arkansas to own a piece of RFBR history.

The Turbo I built for Mr Hopewell almost 20 years ago..

Robert, the owner of this piece of RFBR history is his to do whatever he wishes with it...........

But......................

If I could chose a name for this Hopewell Turbo, it would be of course "HOPEWELL"

Robert, someone in Arkansas will shortly own a piece of Calfee, and Hopewell, RFBR history...

Randy Hopewell.jpg

The HOPEWELL rifle

Well Bill
I let another killer Calfee rifle slip thru my fingers. Thank you for the story and picture of Mr. Hopewell. I have a feeling that rifle will be named in Mr. Hopewell's honor shortly. The rifle really came alive after I watched Jeff Patterson's bolt cleaning/disassembly video. New spring and years of build gone made a big difference. I've attached a picture of a target I shot yesterday after work. Bill that 20 year old rifle warmed up in 5 shots then I ran the target in about 4 minutes.

Attachments

• Resized_20200701_204629.jpg
    Resized_20200701_204629.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 918
Friend Robert "C TEN BOOM" Oates

Friend "C TEN BOOM":

Charles "Randy" Hopewell would be honored that his Calfee Turbo is going to be used in competition.

Randy loved to spearment, which led to him developing his method of setting the HH/MD, but he did not enjoy competition.

Therefore his rifle was never shot in a registered match.

I enlarged your target......

It's kinda grainy, but, there's got to be 21-22 X's on that card........man!

Resized_20200701_204629.jpg

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

PS:

For anyone wanting to know about Robert's new nick-name......C TEN BOOM

Google it.

That's the name of one of his new rifles.

The HOPEWELL rifle

Hi Bill
It was dark when i took the picture but it was 21 X card. C Ten Boom has a new firing pin spring and will be tested soon. Our friend John Mix came by today with a hand full of Turbo springs. He is double excited about The General and the new Patterson build.

Hi Bill
It was dark when i took the picture but it was 21 X card. C Ten Boom has a new firing pin spring and will be tested soon. Our friend John Mix came by today with a hand full of Turbo springs. He is double excited about The General and the new Patterson build.

Friend Robert "C TEN BOOM" Oates:

I knew that card had to be at least 21-22 X........

General Lee will run with anyone, anywhere, if fed properly and pointed properly....

Robert, it's a funny world, this RFBR stuff....

The most consistent SAP ignition RFBR action ever made, the Falcon, is no longer produced.

It is a funny world, this RFBR stuff......

And yes, John will love his J-PAT rifle.....

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom