Friend Tony "TDX" Harper

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Tony "TDX" Harper

Friend Tony "TDX" Harper:

If I do ever finish JIMMY JACK, and decide to sell him, I will only sell him to ARA Indoor and Outdoor Nationals winners, plus winners of PSL Championships, and, IR-50 Unlimited Nationals Champions who won with the highest X count.

DSC01227 - Copy.jpg

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

PS:

TDX, you mentioned IR-50 10 shot on another thread awhile ago.

IR-50 10 Shot is the most difficult RFBR game ever created....

Therefore, IR-50 10 Shot will always have a limited following...

But there's good news.....

As I understand it there's a SAP ignition RFBR action maker that's devised a "feel good" version of IR-50 10 shot.

This "feel good" version of 10-Shot just might have a chance of success...

Last edited:
The "feel good" factor

The "feel good" factor

CYA gun fool freinds:

IR-50 10-Shot is the most difficult RFBR game ever devised.....( I question the 10 score, which is just a lottery pick and should have been left out.....)

Anyway, IR-50 10 Shot will never have a big following, because the scoring humiliates 95% of shooters....

"Man, I won with a 115.......ain't I something!"

"A 115?" "What the heck does that mean......ARA shooters shoot 2350 scores....."

IR-50 10-Shot, because it's so difficult, and the scoring is so intimidating, will never have a big following...

Only the top 10% of shooters will ever follow IR-50 10-Shot....

Now, this new 10-Shot copy "feel good " game.......

Those shooters intimidated by IR-50 10-Shot can compete in this new 10-Shot "feel good" game, and score exactly what they would at an IR-50 10 Shot match, and be thrilled to death......win or lose....

Cause instead of a 115 score, they've shot a 2450......

Same difficulty, but psychologically they're happy.....

So they're tickled....

Therefore..................

This new "feel good" 10-Shot game has a chance to succeed........a very good chance....

Last edited:
The "feel good" factor

CYA gun fool freinds:

IR-50 10-Shot is the most difficult RFBR game ever devised.....( I question the 10 score, which is just a lottery pick and should have been left out.....)

Anyway, IR-50 10 Shot will never have a big following, because the scoring humiliates 95% of shooters....

"Man, I won with a 115.......ain't I something!"

"A 115?" "What the heck does that mean......ARA shooters shoot 2350 scores....."

IR-50 10-Shot, because it's so difficult, and the scoring is so intimidating, will never have a big following...

Only the top 10% of shooters will ever follow IR-50 10-Shot....

Now, this new 10-Shot copy "feel good " game.......

Those shooters intimidated by IR-50 10-Shot can compete in this new 10-Shot "feel good" game, and score exactly what they would at an IR-50 10 Shot match, and be thrilled to death......win or lose....

Cause instead of a 115 score, they've shot a 2450......

Same difficulty, but psychologically they're happy.....

So they're tickled....

Therefore..................

This new "feel good" 10-Shot game has a chance to succeed........a very good chance....

I see your point. You get rewarded for your great shots and not killed by your not so perfect shots. In 10 shot, it is hard to take them shots just off the dot as ZEROS.

I don't really care for the 20 shots per target. I still think it takes 150 scoring shots in a match to tell who is shooting, and who is killing it.

Getting the shooters back to the benches 7-8 times would be a nightmare. So the matches will probably be 4 or 5 targets.

Kinda like the three target IR 50/50 matches. Almost not worth setting up the flags.

note: I believe LOVE is the answer, but just in case I carry a handgun!

TKH

Friend TDX

I see your point. You get rewarded for your great shots and not killed by your not so perfect shots. In 10 shot, it is hard to take them shots just off the dot as ZEROS.

I don't really care for the 20 shots per target. I still think it takes 150 scoring shots in a match to tell who is shooting, and who is killing it.

Getting the shooters back to the benches 7-8 times would be a nightmare. So the matches will probably be 4 or 5 targets.

Kinda like the three target IR 50/50 matches. Almost not worth setting up the flags.

note: I believe LOVE is the answer, but just in case I carry a handgun!

TKH

Friend TDX:

Me and you have been at this stuff for a long time....

I've built a bunch of National Championship winning guns, and you've won a bunch of National Championships, a big bunch.

Here's something we both understand, fully:

It don't make any difference what target is used, the same talented shooters and the same Class A equipment is going to do the bulk of the winning.

Good luck at Buck Creek...

Your friend, BC

Tony Harper with his PSL Livonia trophy at my house.JPG

Back
Top Bottom