Friend Rob Propst

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Rob Propst

Friend Rob Propst:

Rob, have you considered shooting your Calfee #9 XP pistol at Livonia?

Welcome back.................

Your friend, BC

Friend Rob Propst

Friend Rob Propst:

Rob, your #9 pistol is what I shot those seven straight 150's with at Jackie's money match one evening at Buck Creek.

Jackie used a 15 bull IR-50 target, 12 for record, 120, then three sighters...

All seven targets, including the three sighters on each, were 10's or X's....

Seven straight 150's.......

That was one of my favorite pistols.....

Rob, you and Mary Stark, "the girl with a pistol" have something in common.

You own my personal #9 pistol and Mary owns pistol #9 of the standard numbered rotation system I used.

My name is on the bolt handle of your pistol, along with #9, which indicates it is one I personally owned.

Mary's bolt handle just has the #9, without my name.

Your friend, BC

#9 at Livonia

Hey Bill-
I don't have a lot of trigger time behind #9 in the last few years. I wouldn't come close to showcasing it's potential. Would hate to bomb on my first ARA event in 15 years or so..
Thanks!
Rob

Hey Bill-
I don't have a lot of trigger time behind #9 in the last few years. I wouldn't come close to showcasing it's potential. Would hate to bomb on my first ARA event in 15 years or so..
Thanks!
Rob

Friend RP:

Man I loved that pistol.......I sure wore um out at Jackie's that night at Buck Creek....( blind lucky, as I ain't no shooter)

I understand what you mean, though.......it takes a while to get back into the swing of shooting.

Rob, your Turbo Lilja was killer competitive..........remember the 2450 at Simpson County......that was 16 years ago.

Robert Grandfield also shot a 2450, at St Louis, the same day you shot your 2450, and was awarded the ARA Record.

No 2500's had been fired yet.....

But, a 2450 is as competitive today as it was back then.

If that Lilja is still in pristine condition, and you can find some killer ammo, you'll be competitive.

Good luck

Your friend, BC

Rob's #9 pistol.

Rob's #9 pistol.

CYA friends:

There's two Calfee XP's numbered 9....

Mary Stark owns the regular number rotation #9.....which is not one of my personal pistols.

And Rob owns my personal # 9....

All of my personal pistols have my name on the bolt handle, along with the the number.

All others have just the number on the bolt handle.

DSC01285 - Copy (2).jpg

You're looking at a lot of RFBR memories in this picture.......good memories.

Your friend, BC

PS:

Hopefully one day soon the second pistol revolution will come about.....

And this time with MD-PAS ignition.......a dream I thought impossible a year or so ago.

DSC00107 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom