Thread: Congratulations Tom Wilkinson, 2020 Triple Crown Champion

Congratulations Tom Wilkinson, 2020 Triple Crown Champion

Congratulations Tom Wilkinson, 2020 Triple Crown Champion

Friend Tom Wilkinson:

Congratulations on your 2020 Triple Crown Championship

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

PS:

Friend Tom W, you dug yourself a hole with that first IR card today, a deep hole.

I don't know how you kept your cool after that, I would have folded....

I mean, going into cards two and three, you knew you had to go clean, with big X counts, if you had any chance at all of coming back.

And you did just that......finishing with that amazing last card......

And to boot Jerry Smith made an unbelievable run at you......

Everyone is dying to know.....

CYA friends:

Everyone is dying to know about this target I posted a few days ago.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  99.3 KB

This target was sent to me by Tom Wilkinson as he was driving up to Kettlefoot for the Triple Crown.

He had just built a new build using a DiOrio V-1 and a Muller corrugated 8.

Now..........

Tom has a killer build using a ratchet......and has had killer success with it, too.

Tom did not shoot the new V-1 corrugated 8 build until the last target of the Kettlefoot club match...

He kicked out a 2450 with it on that card, so he decided to shoot the new Muller corrugated 8 in the Triple Crown, based on that 6th card of the club tournament.

Yes, Tom shot the Muller corrugated 8 the entire Triple Crown match.

And the rest is history..........................

CYA friends, I've said now for the past two or three years that the Muller corrugated 8 is the barrel of the future.

And it is...............

Tom Wilkinson is a dedicated ratchet man, so are a ton of other folks......including me.....cause the ratchet is king.

But......

When I talked to Tom a few minutes ago, as he was headed home, he told me he was highly impressed with the corrugated 8.

And shooters like Tom are hard to impress.....

Friends Dan Muller and Paul Tolvstad:

If you guys think there was a demand for corrugated 8's before, you ain't seen nothing like's about to unfold.

Congratulations again Tom on your 2020 Triple Crown Championship with that new corrugated 8.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

8 groove

Jerry Smith was shooting one of the first two corrugated 8 grooves ever made that Dan Muller built on a converted 3 lug 10 X. Muller had also put a carbide firing pin in it. This was the gun that Glen Hartjes bought from Dan Muller and Glen sold it to Jerry a few years ago.
    Last edited by Paul Tolvstad; 05-24-2020 at 09:56 PM.

This was the first card with the corrugated 8

This was the first card with the corrugated 8

CYA friends:

Tom Wilkinson decided to try his new V-1/corrugated 8 build on the last card of the Kettlefoot club tournament.

I marked it in blue.

Name:  image-1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  242.8 KB

After kicking out this 2450, Tom made the decision to use the new corrugated 8 for the Triple Crown.

The Muller corrugated 8 is the barrel of the future.......I've stated this for the last two or three years.

Why do I say this?

I don't believe the corrugated 8 will produce better ultimate accuracy more so than a Shilen ratchet or a 4-MI.

The reason I believe it's the barrel of the future, is because it can be properly taper lapped much easier without washing out the breech end, than either the 4-MI or ratchet.

As a matter of fact, I've yet to see a corrugated 8 with the breech end washed out.

On the other hand, I've seen a gob of ratchets and 4-MI's with the breech ends washed out.

So your chance of getting a pristine bore, breech to muzzle, with the corrugated 8 is much better than with either the 4-MI or ratchet.

I'll end by saying this:

A properly taper lapped ratchet or 4-MI is still as bad as it gets for ultimate accuracy......

But why take a chance....

Friend Paul Tolvstad, if you and Dan have tired backs, shoulders and arm muscles from lapping now, you ain't seen nothing like what's getting ready to happen...

The corrugated 8 is now the "barrel of record".......and the demand is about to go through the roof.

Congratulations again Tom Wilkinson on your stunning 2020 Triple Crown Championship, with your new V-1/corrugated 8 build.

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

PS:

What if?

Speculation is just that, speculation..........

What if's mean nothing...........

We make our decisions and live with the consequences, good or bad.

But in this instance it is something to ponder:

What if Tom Wilkinson had used his new V-1/corrugated 8 build for the entire triple crown week?

Name:  image-1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  242.8 KB

He may have done worse......

But it is an interesting "what if"......
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 05-25-2020 at 12:25 PM.