Will we see a resurgence of non-trick barrels?

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA friends:

Will we see a resurgence of non-trick barrels in big time RFBR?

My gut tells me, yes we will.

First of all, if the world of big time RFBR could get all the Muller corrugated 8's it wanted, and, assuming all of them were taper lapped without washing out the breech end, which, every one I've personally checked has been pristine from breech to muzzle, then NO, we would not see a resurgence of non-trick RFBR barrels in big time RFBR.

But.........................

The world of big time RFBR isn't getting all the Muller corrugated 8's it desires.....

It would be virtually impossible for Dan Muller and Paul Tolvstad to keep up with the demand for corrugated 8's, even if they dropped making their other rifling configurations....

Therefore......................

My gut tells me the world of big time RFBR is going to see more and more non-trick barrels in the future...

Actually, I can almost guarantee that it will.........

CYA friends, if you can point your contraption in the wind, you can win any match on Earth with a non-trick RFBR barrel...

And indoors trick and non-trick barrels are a wash.....................

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee....

PS:

See......................

You can properly taper lap non-trick barrels, just like you can the Muller corrugated 8, without washing out the breech end...

They're coming....................................

CYA friends:

So much has happened today..................

Jimmy Jack..........

I know the name Jimmy Jack doesn't mean anything to 99% of the world of big time RFBR....

But.....................

My inspiration for building NITE TRAIN came from Jimmy Jack....

Forget that.........for now...

We already have...................

And there's going to be more to follow....

Your friend, BC

CYA gun fool friends:

I've got a feeling we're going to.

And for one main reason...............

They are easier to taper lap properly, without washing out the breech end of the bore.

Yes, there's a slight wind bucking issue....

If one can point them properly that issue can be greatly mitigated if not entirely eliminated.

Your gun fool friend, BC

CYA gun fool friends:

I've got a feeling we're going to.

And for one main reason...............

They are easier to taper lap properly, without washing out the breech end of the bore.

Yes, there's a slight wind bucking issue....

If one can point them properly that issue can be greatly mitigated if not entirely eliminated.

Your gun fool friend, BC

Honestly Bill, I would like to see that. You're right about the wind bucking ability but for people like me I never really got used to the change in impact that was fairly predicatable with a non-trick barrel. I think I would shoot one better. It takes me a while to get used to things. 18 years ago I lived three miles from grocery stores etc. I moved about that time and now I'm seven miles away. It still seems like a long way. And I sure haven't gotten used to working five days a week, at least, to the four I used to work over thirty years ago. Maybe the non trick barrels would be an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom