Friend Anthony DiOrio

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Anthony DiOrio

Friend AD:

We've watched the world of SAP ignition RFBR action makers battle for 2nd place for the past 23 years...

Ever since Flash Ebert gave the world his MD-PAS ignition Turbo action, which you continue to make, with refinements.

So stop cackling......I can hear you all the way down here in Borden....

Just sit back and enjoy the continuing battle by the SAP ignition RFBR action makers, for second place...

It's been going on for the past 23 years...

Your friend, BC

Friend AD

Bill,

It certainly is an interesting time in RFBR........................:rolleyes:

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD:

Anthony, you got any popcorn handy?

Cause if you don't, run out and get some....

So you can watch the SAP rimfire ignition world battle for second place...

Your friend, BC

Friend Anthony gun fool DiOrio

Friend Anthony gun fool DiOrio

Friend Anthony gun fool DiOrio:

I'm just pondering different subject matter while waiting for the new MD-PAS pistols, for the masses...cough, cough.

Just kidding.............................all good things take time.......

Anyway................................

Rimfire ignition:

Everything about the most popular, rear lock-up RFBR actions is basically the same, except the ignition system.

Some use MD-PAS ignition, and some use various forms of SAP ignition.

Now, just pretending and daydreaming here, while waiting for the new pistols for the masses:

Say you produced conversion kits to convert SAP ignition RFBR actions to MD-PAS......using, of course, the SAP actions original locking lug collar......

Then you also produced conversion kits to convert MD-PAS RFBR actions to SAP ignition, again using the original locking lug collar....

Which conversion kit do you think you would sell the most of?

(I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell off your shop work stool, from laughing so hard....)

AD, you don't need to answer.......I'm just passing time......

Your friend, Bill gun fool Calfee

PS:

AD, seriously, if you ever decided to actually do these conversions, you'd sell a ton of SAP to MD-PAS conversions....

I wouldn't make up too many MD-PAS to SAP conversions, though, cause I'm afraid they'd sit on the shelf for a spell.

AD, if you had 50, SAP to MD-PAS conversions made up today, they'd be gone in a week....or less.

Just thinking out loud...

Just thinking out loud...

Friend AD:

No need to respond........I'm just thinking out loud, here.

Well first of all.......

You already have a volunteer who will lend you a couple of rear lock-up SAP ignition actions, one a dual lug and the other a triple, to take measurements from, if you ever decide to do some SAP to MD-PAS conversions.

By the way, when I said if you had 50, SAP to MD-PAS conversions ready to go, they'd be gone in a week......

I wasn't just whistling Dixie.

Anyway, a suggestion: ( If you ever did do some conversions)

Use your extractors in the conversions.......

Because, even though your V-3 and V-1 use a V loading tray, your extractors are 180 degrees apart...

Anthony, this makes it so simple to set up to cut the extractor slots........and still have the advantage of the V loading tray.

That is clever engineering.....

You know us CYankees, we ain't much on cone breeching.......

I can't imagine producing a Class A RFBR gun with a cone breech.....

And by the way, a lot of the SAP ignition action RFBR guns use cone breeching......which means your 180 degree extractors will work just fine in the majority of the cases......

Anyway, no need to answer.......just thinking out loud...

One other thing.........

There's a bunch of SAP ignition action shooters who would love to convert to MD-PAS.........I mean a bunch.

Your friend, BC

Friend AD

Friend AD

Friend AD:

You don't need to respond.......

I just got off the phone with J-PAT.....

AD, you've got too many irons in the fire.......

But man, if you had time to produce SAP to MD-PAS conversions, you'd sell a ton of them...

There's so many SAP ignition gun owners that would love to have their ignititon converted to MD-PAS...

I"m selfish.....do the pistols first.......cough, cough.

Your friend, BC

DSC00107 (2).jpg

Friend Bn1

To paraphrase Mr. C...do the pistols first, you will sell a ton of them...��

Friend Bn1:

This corona virus stuff has put a stop to a lot of things around the world......and slowed down the rest...

But as long as a fellers mind still functions, he/she can still dream.

These new MD-PAS pistols will be the most unique RFBR guns on Earth.

And they won't back up from nobody shooting a rifle.

I'm right handed and always shot XP's which are right bolt, right port...and I was fast with them.

And I was concerned as to whether I'd be able to shoot a right bolt, left port pistol....

I wasted my time worrying, cause I can shoot my new MD-PAS pistol faster than my XP's......

It's impossible to sit down behind this thing, even one time, and not want one....

There's nothing else like them.

Your friend, BC

DSC00277 - Copy.jpg

If the target looks a little far away in the above picture, it's cause I was doing some 100 yard work one day.......mind blowing how this thing shoots at 100........and the barrel really isn't great...Also notice the pink streamer in the woods on the left.....it wasn't no picnic that day either....

DSC00107 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom