Will RFBR actions with the giant centerfire barrel thread..........

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Will RFBR actions with the giant centerfire barrel thread..........

Will RFBR actions with the giant centerfire barrel thread, ever rule the Big National RFBR Events..........?

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

CYA gun fool friends:

While you ponder my question, please keep something in mind...OK.

All RFBR actions with the giant centerfire barrel thread, are also SAP ignitioned..

So they have two strikes against them....

Bill,

I'll give you my opinion for what it's worth which is probably very little. Will RFBR actions (plural) with the giant barrel thread dominate anything? Based simply on history, I would say no those type actions (plural) generally will not. Notice I emphasize plural so what I'm saying is one or two outliers could dominate for a period. What I mean by that is actually singular actions, not a particular brand or model. But there could be one that goes together just right that it could be hard to beat. I think the likelihood is low. But think of your own XP's. There have been, and are, some of those that can compete with anything. Look at them as a group or type and it's not likely that the XP could dominate. The same goes with 40X's, Stiller variations, whatever. I think the reasons are many but bottom line it's just easier, and therefore more likely, to get a consistent precision from the smaller barrel tenon.

Historically, factory rifles have attempted it, you have attempted it, almost every gunsmith in the country has attempted it, and the winning RFBR action has evolved to the small tenon, rear lockup type that is in almost universal use today. That's not to say that they could not evolve further to something more precise but it's not likely it's in the rearview mirror. But there may be someone out there carving out a wheel from a rock and will eventually make a vehicle. They just have a long way to go, so by the time they get to what is available now, they're still behind.

Such is life. You probably can't reinvent the wheel.

Friend Gingersnap

Friend Gingersnap

Friend Gingersnap:

There's two things, if implemented, that might allow RFBR actions with the giant centerfire barrel thread to dominate RFBR Big National Events.

1...... Outlaw the use of button rifled barrels.

2.......Develop a RFBR action, with the giant centerfire barrel thread, that uses MD-PAS ignition.

Your friend, Bill pistol fool Calfee

Back
Top Bottom