For Sale

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
For Sale......

CYA gun fool friends:

I have some components for sale.......

I'm going to take some pictures of them, then post the pictures.

Also....................

There's a story that goes with these components, which I'll relate shortly....

Actually, the story is a little embarrassing, since I offered these components to a gentleman probably 8 years ago.

Anyway, this gentleman will have the first chance to purchase these components.....

If he's no longer interested then they'll be offered to the general public......

I'll start posting pictures and relating the story surrounding these components soon.

Your pistol fool friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I have only one goal left in RFBR........

Attachments

• DSC00107 (2).jpg
    DSC00107 (2).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I'll start posting pictures of these components for sale soon.....

CYA gun fool friends:

I'll start posting pictures of these components for sale, soon.....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

CYA gun fool friends:

I'll start posting pictures of these components for sale, soon.....

Howdy Bill,

I suspect by now your answering machine has melted down with folks wanting a head start! I'd call myself but I don't think I can come up with enough Ale 8 for swapping material!

I have an idea I know what some of the components are from..........bad time for me to be a broke left hander.

But I could be wrong.

Take care,

Greg

Last edited:
Friend 404tbang

Friend 404tbang

Friend 404tbang:

When you have time please check your E-Mail....

PS:

The world has gone mad when Calfee has to ask others to check their E-Mail........

Friend 404tbang

Friend 404tbang:

When you have time please check your E-Mail....

PS:

The world has gone mad when Calfee has to ask others to check their E-Mail........

Howdy Bill,

Well, if there's one thing I never thought I'd read it'd be you telling me to check my email! Ha!

I got it, thank you very much. I sent one back, so to get this back to the "natural order of things", check your email when you can, please.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,

Well, if there's one thing I never thought I'd read it'd be you telling me to check my email! Ha!

I got it, thank you very much. I sent one back, so to get this back to the "natural order of things", check your email when you can, please.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

I'm still taking pictures of the components I wish to sell......

I'll start posting them shortly...

.Took some more pictures....

Took some more pictures....

CYA gun fool friends, and potential purchasers of the parts I have for sale:

Right up front; there's a gentleman in Iowa that has first dibs on these parts...

If he's not interested, then anyone is free to purchase them....

Now....................

I've had these parts for years.......

And over the years I've thoroughly blueprinted them and added cosmetic details.......and also made some changes.

For instance:

I've drilled and tapped the third hole in the front receiver ring for Calfee scope mounting, if desired...

I'm furnishing original E Turbo dovetail bases that I've re-counterbored for Weaver pattern screws...

Weaver pattern screws are angle headed........which self center and are much more secure than flat bottom head screws.

All DiOrio actions use Weaver pattern screws for the same reason..

I've changed the bedding screws in the stock from flat bottom head to angle head screws....

And I clearanced the rear hole in the trigger guard and counter bored the rear pillar, so now the rear bedding screw rests on the pillar, not the trigger guard....

I also modified the bedding to the system that Darrel Horsley used in the latter years of his bedding career.

I've added my name and engraved starburst on the butt plate and also on the trigger guard.....

I'm taking pictures of these modifications, and will post them soon....

Been playing with the parts I have for sale, today.

Been playing with the parts I have for sale, today.

CYA gun fool friends, and potential purchasers of the parts I have for sale.

There's a gentleman in Iowa who has the first crack at these parts....
I offered them to him years ago, in the form of a new build using them.

But CYA friends, I don't have it in me to do another "guaranteed accuracy" build.....

I want to try to finish Jimmy Jack, and help get the new DiOrio V-3 XP pistols to become available to the masses.

And then I'm done with my involvement in RFBR gun making.

Therefore, I'm offering these parts so the purchaser can have their RFBR schmidt do the build.

At the bottom of the page are the parts I have for sale.

Now.....................................

I'm going to make an additional offer.........to whomever purchases these parts.

I have a traditional rifling pattern, 4-groove barrel that I've had for years...

I acquired this .875" diameter blank right about the time we started using trick rifling pattern barrels...

It being traditional rifled it immediately went out of vogue, so it sat on the shelf.

Some years ago I decided to turn this barrel into a slave, so I fit it to one of my earlier 10-X actions, the ones with the .150" longer barrel tenon...

By the way, I taper lapped this blank myself....

Anyway.................

I fooled with it for a while, then decided to re-fit it to my slave Turbo, at the time.....

I could have simply used spacers on the Turbo, but, I decided to cut the tenon length back to .1000" and of course I had to deepen the chamber accordingly...

And the chamber turned out absolutely perfect......pure blind luck....

OK, where am I going with this:

There are no extractor slots in the barrel......which is good...

But, to fit it to the parts I have for sale, will require me to move the barrel shoulder about .008", to produce .043" headspace.....

Therefore, here's the deal I'll make to whomever purchases the parts I have for sale:

For $150.00 additional over the price of the parts, I will do this:

If you send me a HH/MD and a trigger, I'll fit the barrel, bore the MD, cut the extractor slots and time your trigger to these parts.

These parts have beautiful ignition.......I want to make sure your trigger is timed so as to keep it that way....

Now.......................

I will give you the barrel, along with my time in fitting it and taper lapping it.....

You will only owe me the additional $150.00.

Finally...............................

So how does this barrel shoot?

I'm not going to say.......

It may be the worst $150.00 investment you ever made....

Or........................you might be surprised....

It might be the best $150.00 investment you ever made...

One other thing......

My name will go on this barrel, but not in the usual place.....

I'll put my name on the bottom of the barrel, up next to the face of the action......this way it will be hidden by the stock........but it will be proof that it is a Calfee barrel...

I'll price the parts, themselves, soon....

Attachments

• DSC01328.jpg
    DSC01328.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom