Extractor Retaining Clip

DiOrioMFG

Bill,

I received your email yesterday and I’ve tried to Call a few times but you weren’t available. I have made changes to the clip design that address the issues you pointed out in your email. I’ll send some of the new clips to you later this week, I’m making some for inventory. Here is a link to a video on our YouTube page illustrating the improved functionality of the design.

Click the link to view the video: https://youtu.be/I-lo6Dz8rFM

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD

Friend AD

Friend AD:

I've been busy installing the barrel from my 40-X pistol onto my MD-PAS pistol......

I should have fit this barrel to my Turbo pistol to start with......

It's a 4 groove Douglas that I taper lapped a couple years ago, and which, as it turns out, closely resembles the Muller Modified 4-MI that has turned out to be simply an amazing rifling design...

The land width of this Douglas 4, like the Muller Modified 4-MI, is not narrowed at the breech end of the bore by the taper lapping process...

To re-fit this fine Douglas to my Turbo pistol has required me to shorten the chamber end .750" and re-chamber.

The original chamber was absolutely perfectly centered and finished, and had the most beautiful transition imaginable from the chamber, through the leade and into the bore.

I hate it that I have to re-chamber it, but, I have no choice....

So I've been at it most of the day......and so far so good......and I'm extremely cited about it...

I wish I'd fit it to my Turbo pistol to start with, but I didn't....

Friend AD:

The thing I've enjoyed most about working with you these past few years is that you, like me, understand that there's no such thing as a "blueprint proof" RFBR action, therefore you don't advertise your amazing actions as such.

And, you produce your amazing actions from materials so they can be blueprinted, if necessary....

And you, like me, understand that a RFBR action is a "work in progress".....

And you're willing to make small alterations, or adjustments, should the need arise......

In a RFBR action the extractors must snap over the rim of the case before the action goes to battery.

This insures that the head of the case is sitting against the counter bore in the breech bolt nose...

And this must take place 100% of the time...

AD, the Savage style extractors are bad about being too aggressive......this is the style used by 10-X and the Baity 6 ignition, Turbo conversions.

I've had to modify a large percentage of them over the years to make sure they always snap over the rim before the action goes to battery.....

I look forward to evaluating your new extractor spring clips.....

And thank you.....

Your friend, BC

PS:

One other thing.....

This extractor snapping over the rim before an action goes to battery is complicated by the fact that when a chamber is clean, no CL build up, and, if the chamber is finished so there's a fluid transition from the chamber into the bore, a round is very easy to push through the leade.....

And on some of the really MI rifling patterns, which require much less pressure for the bullet to pass through the leade when chambered, it takes a really delicate set of extractors to keep from pushing the round into the chamber before snapping over the rim.....

The original E Turbo extractor spring clip does a beautiful job in this area and works equally well for the flat loading ramp of the original E, and, your new V loading ramp also......

Frie4nd AD

Bill,

I received your email yesterday and I’ve tried to Call a few times but you weren’t available. I have made changes to the clip design that address the issues you pointed out in your email. I’ll send some of the new clips to you later this week, I’m making some for inventory. Here is a link to a video on our YouTube page illustrating the improved functionality of the design.

Click the link to view the video: https://youtu.be/I-lo6Dz8rFM

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD:

Spent the last couple hours with Jeff Patterson evaluating your new extractor spring clip for the V loading ramp Turbos.

As Darrell Horsley would say, "Now we're cooking with gas".

Most excellent.....

Extractors easily snapped over the rim 100% of the time........with excellent extraction and ejection.

Jeff and I even tried them on a couple of extremely MI barrels, which are very easy to push the bullet into a fully engraved chamber, with 100% success....

A most excellent refinement to the greatest "pure accuracy" producing RFBR action in the world, the V-3...

That's by the record, not just my opinion.

Thank you...

Your friend, BC

Evaluation

Bill,

Thank you for evaluating the new clip design and providing your feedback. I'm always looking to improve things, if possible, on our products. Having an open mind, being willing to listen and looking at things from someone else's perspective, I've found, has resulted in many improvements to our products. I appreciate your willingness to work with me over the past several years and I hold your knowledge and insight in high regard, thanks again.

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD

Bill,

Thank you for evaluating the new clip design and providing your feedback. I'm always looking to improve things, if possible, on our products. Having an open mind, being willing to listen and looking at things from someone else's perspective, I've found, has resulted in many improvements to our products. I appreciate your willingness to work with me over the past several years and I hold your knowledge and insight in high regard, thanks again.

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD:

You're most certainly welcome.....I've enjoyed working with you, too....

AD, you're open minded and you're constantly refining the most pure accuracy producing RFBR action in the world today, your V-3....

And with your improved extractor clip the V-3 moves up another notch....

Now...............

Here's another example of why the V-3 is the "RFBR action of the future" of rimfire accuracy advancement:

When Jeff Patterson came out to evaluate the new extractor spring, with me, he brought with him a new V-3 build he just finished for a gentleman in Arizona.....one of Az_Speed's shooting friends.

He had just ran the last range test on this new V-3 Patterson...

Here's two pictures:

20201008_192414.jpg

The above picture shows the last ten rounds he fired.....in a single 10 shot group that measures 10 MM, or slightly less.

Outside to outside measurement....

Jeff's been measuring his groups in MM lately, OS to OS, cause that's the way the ammo test facilities do it..

Look at not only the 10 shot group, but at the bottom row of sighters....

Picture 2:

20201008_192414 - Copy.jpg

I enlarged the picture so you can see the 10 shot group.....

And................

The head of the Lapua case Jeff sat beside it....

Note the crescent firing pin strike in the Lapua case.

Now.........................

A question:

On this magnificent V-3 build, for the gentleman in Arizona, there was an elongated scope base on the front receiver ring that can be used for Calfee style scope mounting...I wish I'd taken a picture...

Jeff said you make these....

If so, are they available?

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

The gentleman in Arizona is going to be tickled.....

By the way, the barrel on this beautiful V-3 Patterson is a Muller Corrugated 8.....

Extended Front Base

Bill,

I assume you are talking about the base in the attached picture? If so, yes, these are available. I had a request for one a few years ago and so I started making them and keep them in stock.

Extended Front Base.jpg

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD

Bill,

I assume you are talking about the base in the attached picture? If so, yes, these are available. I had a request for one a few years ago and so I started making them and keep them in stock.

View attachment 2593

Best Regards, Anthony

Friend AD:

Yes...............

For folks using dovetail rings for their Calfee style scope mounting this base is perfect....

It's long enough to spread the rings apart, and, be able to position the scope for eye relief properly at the same time.

And it uses Weaver pattern screws, angle head, which are self centering and secure the base much better than flat bottom head screws, like a lot of base makers use....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom