Experiences of HW rimfire barrels?

Timo

Few 6 PPC Hugh Williamsson barrels are in use here with good experiences.

Have anybody experiences of his RF barrels?

www.hwprecision.ca/

There is 6 groove button rifled RF barrel on his list.

BR, Timo

Friends JH and Timo:

Friends JH and Timo:

Friend Timo, Jerry Halcomb has a good eye....

This is from the site:

"Creating a button rifled barrel begins the same as the cut rifle barrel. Once the barrel has been drilled and reamed to the appropriate dimension and inspected for uniformity and finish it will enter the button rifling process. To button rifle a barrel, a hardened steel button in the shape of the required grooves and lands is pulled through the bore in a single pass leaving the grooves and lands behind. The rifling is competed in one pass of the button. The barrel is then hand lapped to the required finish. Contouring is the last step and is completed in accordance with the customer’s requirements."

No, a properly made, button rifled, RFBR class barrel is not contoured as the last step....

Good eye JH.

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

It's hard to believe, but, Shilen contoured their barrels as the last step until late 2006...

That's when Ed Shilen called me because he had fallen in love with RFBR....

Ed said his rimfire barrels weren't competitive and wanted my thoughts as to why...

The very first thing I advised Ed to do, was to profile the blank, after buttoning, then do the lapping as the last operation..

And second, I taught him how to taper lap.....

And we all know the rest of the Shilen story...

Like this example:

Big Dog and Black Death - Copy.jpg

Man apparently I'm not charging enough for barrels lol.

$550 Canadian is $430 US

Paul
I noticed that as well! I had hoped a barrel maker wouldnt notice!!!
As BC once said and Im paraphrasing here, if we had a way to guarantee a winner in every barrel I would gladly pay that much! I will say that you Muller folks have increased the quality way beyond what it was in my beginning years of RFBR in the 1990’s. Ive still got a Lilja blank with a big taper that is just laying there. It might have to go on the rack wagon at my farm sale! LOL!
Jerry

Back
Top Bottom