New MD

Jerry Halcomb

Administrator
I have found out about a new MD from Holeshot arms! I had another shooter tell me about them so I thought I would give one a try.
I received the MD quickly from Killoughs shooting sports. Here is my critique.
I first saw 4 set screws around the moveable head instead of one. Three are 120 degrees apart to lock the head in place after you decide on your setting. The 4th set screw has the usual ball and spring to line up the device on your “number”.
I had a old Hoehn MD and a Harrell and both heads screwed on the Holeshot with no problems.
I weighed the Holeshot and on my cheap scale it was approx the same weight as my Hoehn which had been bored to fit a barrel.
I noticed while unscrewing the Holeshot it either has a slightly larger diameter o’ring or it has a slightly larger o’ring groove as there is more friction and thus effort required to turn the head. I didn’t take time to remove the o’ring and measure the groove. I could have compared the o’ring to my chart on the shop wall that gives sizes for replacements for hydraulic equipment o’rings but didn’t take time.
A feature I like is the weight head lines up with the numbers very well. I checked 25 marks either side of 200 and the head lined up with the tube nicely. I like this feature because my barrels that are .875” or so in diameter and 24” long will end up almost at the same place every time. This makes setting and forgetting it an easy chore for me.
The ability to add a bloop tube or ornament is important to some. There are threads to accomplish this. Also the shooter can add weight to the MD if they desire.
One last feature is Holeshot left off the “PRX” threads on the MD tube. That’s not a loss in my estimation.
Although the Holeshot is a little higher priced, all in all it’s a good serviceable unit.
The silver unit is the Holeshot, flanked by a Hoehn and a Harrell mounting “tube”
Thanks for looking!
Jerry Halcomb

Attachments

• 22242EBE-FCB6-49EB-9407-A3641C5340A1.jpg
    22242EBE-FCB6-49EB-9407-A3641C5340A1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 37C2A84E-A2A6-4E18-9D93-FBC7535A8C67.jpg
    37C2A84E-A2A6-4E18-9D93-FBC7535A8C67.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 501
Back
Top Bottom